Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Rogue and really like the overhead accent light that it has. Its just a dim light that's focused on the center console so that at night you don't have to focus so much when looking for items. Im thinking that a focused light in a low wattage positioned by the cubbyhole above the rear-view would work. If anyone has any thoughts on this or have done it please let me know.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a 2007 Rogue and really like the overhead accent light that it has. Its just a dim light that's focused on the center console so that at night you don't have to focus so much when looking for items. Im thinking that a focused light in a low wattage positioned by the cubbyhole above the rear-view would work. If anyone has any thoughts on this or have done it please let me know.

I think these would work. you just need to find a way to mount it.

SUPERBRIGHTLED

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the single led but from the pictures it looks like it might be to bright. Im looking for something that would just cast a glow over the center console and not over the entire cab.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I looked into doing this awhile back too. My plan was to drill and mount a single LED bulb in the bottom of the RVMirror housing, but never nailed down weather to draw power from the vehicle or just stash some AA batteries inside the housing (base mirror). As much as I would like the power to be integrated with the vehicle, it was tough to find a 12V bulb in the color and/or brightness that I wanted, plus the CAN/BUS system didn't lend itself easily to power tapping. Batteries would have to be changed periodically, but you would save yourself a wiring mess to go this route.
This location does work perfect for what you're looking for, though. I experimented with several bulbs (blue, white, UV, etc) and all would work depending on what look you want. Gave a nice faint glow to the center stack, shifter area, cupholders, and the mirror cast a shadow line right at the console lid. There's just enough room inside the mirror housing for an LED or two, some wires, a switch/button, and batteries if you need. Just don't bust out your windshield putting the mirror back in!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the idea - will have to take a look at that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts