Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. i wanted to see if any of you guys would be willing to work something out in order for me to try and get the leather wrapped center console from the overland in the cream colored leather. anyone?

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
Hi. i wanted to see if any of you guys would be willing to work something out in order for me to try and get the leather wrapped center console from the overland in the cream colored leather. anyone?
You can get it from the dealer -- $250.00.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have a light greystone one but it is not leather wraped.

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
You can actually go to any local auto leather shop, one that works on car interiors, and get it done for $50-$100. You can usually find them in the yellow pages or google your area. That is what I did and it looks great.

Also here is a site that does it as well.

http://www.22elite.com/NEW_SITE/index.html

·
Registered
282 Posts
theres a guy at our local flea market that does motorcycle seats. they look good too. ive been meaning to get it done, but no time. that overland stuff is expensive. some dude wants 100 bucks for the gear knob on ebay. insane

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You can actually go to any local auto leather shop, one that works on car interiors, and get it done for $50-$100. You can usually find them in the yellow pages or google your area. That is what I did and it looks great.

Also here is a site that does it as well.

http://www.22elite.com/NEW_SITE/index.html
I'd also go with a shop, the leather isn't always good leather or even leather from the factory. Except for high end luxury vehicles the sides and backs of car seats nowadays are not leather. I don't know about the Commander but I haven't seen a real leather console lid in years, at least the shop will show you the leather.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
hmmm. are we talking about a console or steering wheel? He was asking for a console. I read the replies as steering wheel......Am I wrong?

·
Registered
401 Posts
yeah. for the center console. make the interior look alot better.
I agree that the leather looks a hell of a lot better, and will be easier to keep clean as well. That and the hand brake cover were two nice interior upgrades in the newer models that I would like to put in my '06.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have a light greystone one but it is not leather wraped.
I purchased a VES DVD off ebay and it came with the entire center console attached, I have that in my garage, that is the item I was refering to in post #3. I thought if the color was right he might want to wrap it and keep his original on in the vehicle until the replacement was finished. (Not sure where you got steering wheel from?)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
In post #1 he clearly states "leather wrapped center console" :rofl:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
ok, I yeild to you on this one. I missed his wrapped part.....but i am truly out of my element I guess, not used to these fine finishings.....why / what is wrapped leather? Is it a term? style? design? what??????

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
ok, I yeild to you on this one. I missed his wrapped part.....but i am truly out of my element I guess, not used to these fine finishings.....why / what is wrapped leather? Is it a term? style? design? what??????
He wants a center console lid that is covered with leather like the ones that are standard on the '07 and '08 Limiteds and Overlands.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts