1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Still available on Amazon for $31.68 for 16 . Just ordered in case they are really gone..... I just hit the "buy again" button. Will update if there is an issue otherwise assume it is still available.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I doubt there would be any problems with the updated plug design. As long as the gaps are the same, everything should be fine.

It's hard to know for sure though; some people have incredibly picky Hemis, while others, myself included, can run pretty much any properly gapped plug. I'm currently on Champion iridium plugs with no problems.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
If you look at the pictures of this plug on e-bay they have both the 570 & RE14MCC4 on the box. NGK does the same thing for easier cataloging and stocking. If it was just the 570 I would have no worries since Champion was bought by Federal Mogul and I'm sure they are updating their catalog.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you look at the pictures of this plug on e-bay they have both the 570 & RE14MCC4 on the box. NGK does the same thing for easier cataloging and stocking. If it was just the 570 I would have no worries since Champion was bought by Federal Mogul and I'm sure they are updating their catalog.
I used to live in Ohio and sold my last house to the manager of Champion/Federal Mogul. He has since moved on to another Division of Federal Mogul or I'd ask him as I still have his email address. When I asked him about the problem where other plugs would not perform as good as the Champion Coppers he asked the Champion engineers and they couldn't believe it. After that I lost faith in asking him. So the best course of action is to ask the people that actually use them -- you guys.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's time to replace my plugs on the Hemi. Looks like OEM Champion RE14MCC4 Copper Plus is replaced by a 570?
Has anyone used this plug in their Hemi and if so how well does it work? I read several reviews and Dodge users say they work fine in the Hemi. The cost of 16 plugs is no problem - but the time to change them is not good.
A couple of long wobble extensions and a magnet made it pretty easy for me. Just twice as long time wise for twice the plugs...

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to live in Ohio and sold my last house to the manager of Champion/Federal Mogul. He has since moved on to another Division of Federal Mogul or I'd ask him as I still have his email address. When I asked him about the problem where other plugs would not perform as good as the Champion Coppers he asked the Champion engineers and they couldn't believe it. After that I lost faith in asking him. So the best course of action is to ask the people that actually use them -- you guys.
Here is that email - edited

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Here is that email - edited
I can understand the surprise on their end. Typically on modern vehicles platinum and iridium plugs should perform better. There are exceptions, like forced induction engines, but there's no good reason the Hemi should run poorly on higher quality plugs, apart from a poor design from Chrysler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts