Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evenin' all. Changed out the spark plugs in my '08 5.7 today w/92000 miles on the originals. Ran fine before the change, runs fine now...but I've got a "check engine" light on the dash after the change. Is this a typical result of changing the plugs on this engine or do you all know of a trick that I might not have thought about when changing plugs today? Does this clear once the ECU "learns" the change in plug performance?

*Champion double platinums... .043 gap

·
Registered
212 Posts
You need to find out what code was thrown that activated the check engine light. It could simply have been that you turned on the key when one of the coils were disconnected. That would throw a code unless you disconnected the battery first. Did you disconnect the battery when you changed the plugs? Removing the coil connection might throw a code if the battery has not been disconnected before removing the coils to change plugs.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...no, I didn't think about the battery disconnect. That must be it.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the code causing the light..."Intake Temp High"...hmmmm. I'll have to check my re-installation of the intake assembly.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idiot check SAT...didn't snap the intake temp sensor connector back in when I re-installed the intake and air box. I wasn't looking for it and couldn't see it when I put the whole assembly back in...lesson learned. Light's cleared and running great. No issues with platinum plugs.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Idiot check SAT...didn't snap the intake temp sensor connector back in when I re-installed the intake and air box. I wasn't looking for it and couldn't see it when I put the whole assembly back in...lesson learned. Light's cleared and running great. No issues with platinum plugs.
I am happy to hear to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts