Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I recently just purchased a new 08 4x4 commander and love it! I just don't like the stock radio in it. I was wondering if you can change the stock stereo to an after market stereo. I want to keep it double din, add maybe a back up camera to it. I was wondering if I can change the Boston acoustic speakers for different speakers, or would it be best to keep them? My commander has the BA system but no navigation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can do all of those things. For the radio though, you will need a CANBUS adapter. Mongo did a little write up about CANBUS adapters.. I went with the Metra AX-ADBOX2 and it has been working great. Some people are saying that they had to cut the dash a smidge to fit a standard double din radio, but I did not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kenwood DDX9903s

So I bit the bullet and replaced the factory nav with a kenwood ddx9903s that has apple car play and viper remote start security system 5706v. Spent 1100 for everything installed and it looks and performs awesome. Had to get a radiopro4 rp4-ch11 to use the factory amp and steering wheel controls and the system sounds awesome. It sounds so much better than the stock system and nothing but the radio was added. My wife who has a 2017 infinity qx60 fully loaded said she wanted the radio in hers when she saw all the features the radio has. She wants to take the jeep every where now. It was definitely worth the upgrade. Oh and that price also included a backup camera with install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts