Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing My Own Oil

Im going to change my own oil in my 06 Jeep Commander. Can someone post a pic of the oil drain screw? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Here's the underside of my XK. You see the opening on the bottom/left of the "skid plate"? Just look right up in there on yours, and you'll see the plug. I'm pretty sure it's 1/2". Real easy.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Dealer took my skid plate off to change the oil and then one of the nuts inside the frame broke loose so now I have a loose corner (rear passenger side).

·
2,248 Posts
Get a Fumoto valve and you can change it by just flipping the bail switch and you can connect a hose so that it does not make a mess. You can direct it right into a bottle.

https://ssl2.adhost.com/fumotovalve/

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts

·
2,248 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
Hmmmm........Gonna have to look into that.

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
Don't see one listed for the HEMI -- DANG !

Jeep

2.1L Diesel('85-'87), 2.5L(up to '91), 4.0L(up to '91), & 4.2L(up to '91) engines Part # F-111

V8 4.7L('99 & on), V6 3.7L('02 & on) Part # F-106

All other engines (except '05 - on, 2.5L Diesel & 2.8L Diesel - Not Available) Part # F-101

·
2,248 Posts
They are pretty much standard size. The 101 should fit the Hemi. It fits my 4.7 and my motorhome. I gave one to 49er, see if it fits his Hemi. The only variable is the thread size of the drain plug.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Well I hope 49 lets us know if it does fit the HEMI.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That valve is pretty cool. I had no idea that they make one of those. Thanks for sharing huey!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
PolarBZ said:
Well I hope 49 lets us know if it does fit the HEMI.
I forgot to have it installed when the dealer changed my oil last month, I will install it next time if it fits. I wish I had done it already as then maybe they would not have messed up my skid plate and then left it for me to fix.

·
2,248 Posts
One word of caution. A local oil change place refused to change my oil becauase I had this device. I quess they were afraid to do something new like flipping a switch. They said that they were not covered unless they followed their procedure. They are going to have to learn someday because these are supposed to be equipped on new Japanese cars. I have no financial interest in these valves and I have used them for years in several vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
RedCommander said:
www.fumotousa.com

Jeep
2.1L Diesel('85-'87), 2.5L(up to '91), 4.0L(up to '91), & 4.2L(up to '91) engines F-111
V8 4.7L('99 & 0n), V6 3.0L engines F-106
'05 & on, 2.5L Diesel & 2.8L Diesel engines N/A
All other engines F-101
See post #9

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
jeep5253 said:
All other engines (except '05 - on, 2.5L Diesel & 2.8L Diesel - Not Available) Part # F-101
This could read no engine from 05 to current...

·
2,248 Posts
49er, You could just compare the threads of the Fumoto valve to the threads of the oil plug for the Hemi oil pan. Easiest way to find out if it fits. Should be the same.

·
Registered
282 Posts
had one on my civic which i just got rid of for 120k miles and also one on my v6 altima for the past two years and love them. makes changing oil so much easier. no stripping bolts. no last minute runs to the dealer for bolt washers. somebody should try to get a group buy for us

1 - 20 of 75 Posts