Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you change the wiper blades? I'm going to try the RainX Latitude and don't know how to take off the blades. I know there's that push button to pop those out but mine isn't working with me. How do you take them off? Any pictures?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The front blades slide off the metal u-shaped arm. As you're facing the arm there's a catch that pushes up toward the blade which then slides off to the right. The rear also slides off the plastic arm, no catch.

·
Registered
688 Posts
On the front blades, you'll have the blade perpendicular to the arm, so you've got to allow the arm to bend the blade out as you remove it. If you are holding the blade right in the middle (as is a natural inclination) your hand might prevent it from coming out.

This video shows a lot of what you need to know, and a number of things that may not be necessary - but you should be able to get the idea from it. At any rate it's amusing because of the various safety warnings (use parking brake, don't smoke, etc.).

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-change-windscreen-wiper-blades

·
Registered
204 Posts
Make sure that while the blades are off the arms you gently lower the arm to the glass. Dont rely on them staying fully up, a nudge will send them snapping down and without blades the U end will hit the glass and chip or crack it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts