Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All --

I have a 2006 Limited with the Hemi. The transmission fluid was recently changed at the dealer.

Now the coolant lines are leaking. Lots of threads in here about that. I am having those replaced at an independent shop soon. My fluid is low -- right at the add mark on the dipstick. So, I am driving it, but keeping an eye on it.

My question -- after the lines are replaced, the fluid will need to be "topped up." There is no need to change the fluid, it was recently changed.

What kind of instructions do I need to give to the independent shop? Do I need the Chrysler fluid? Do I need any friction modifier? Just worried about topping up the fluid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Part of the reason I am going with the independent shop is that they are willing to cut the rubber part of the hoses off and clamp them up at significantly reduced cost. I read about that fix here, but after climbing under and looking at the location of those -- I decided it is not for me.

In any case, I am still somewhat undecided. But, will likely let them cut rubber parts out and clamp in a new hose.

·
Registered
556 Posts
did the same here myself, but the 3.7 has much more room inside than the 8s do. easy for repairs. Good as new. go with the independent shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts