Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my grill with a chrome one I got from eBay. The chrome looks better IMHO. (I also posted this in my garage thread)

I've been considering billet inserts etc. but decided I don't like the way they destroy the ''Jeep'' 7-bar look. I like the distinctive seven bar look, and inserts muddle it too much for me. I like the E&G grill because it looks neat, but the Commander suddenly becomes a Range Rover instead.

So, I did something to enhance the 7 bar look even more. Here's my new grill:

And a closer look... see if you can tell what it is I did.

After a while, I'll post a close-up photo that'll make it much more obvious what I did and why the 7 bar look is enhanced.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
DId you remove the inserts?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. :) I've added something. Hint: behind the grill.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Black screen?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
you added window screen behind the grill to keep the bugs off the radiator and offset the chrome on the grill............

Is there a post on how you installed your driving lights?

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went out on a couple of service calls. I see everyone's been waiting with baited breath. :)

Black screen?
There 'tis. I bought a dog/cat protector for screen doors. (The add-on so your pet can't claw thru the bug screen) It's steel mesh. I painted it flat black as well as everything behind it. I also oriented it so the slats are angled down to add even more ''surface'' while you're looking into the grill.

Even standing right there close, it's a 'black hole' because you can't see anything behind it. With an OEM grill, your eyes can end up focusing on supports, the radiator, wiring, whatever is behind the slats, and it's unsightly.

Here's a close up:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
953 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts