Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored so i wanted to see what i could do without spending $350 for a nice mesh grille... so i went up to my local hardware store, bought a sheet of 1/4inch chicken wire, a pair of hobby scissors, and devoted 4 hours of my night last night, let me know how you all like it, or dislike it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well pretty long im assuming, it was all green rubber coated when i bought it, then i formed all the pieces then spray painted them with a chrome"ish" spray paint, sooo maybe 1 year, maybe 2.... who knows, if it looks like **** i just need to cut 28 zip ties and im back to stock haha. But thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hah i used black zip ties from the back side of the grille to hold them in place... and as for the budget, i made these like 2 months ago and at the time the $30 ebay ones werent even out (THEY STOLE MY IDEA haha) and the mopar version was $600 from my dealer, and there was no way i was going to remove that historic 7 slotted grille for a mesh 300C E&G grille!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmmm... I wonder if anyone has tried the $30+10 s/h ebay ones yet. I'd like to see how they're attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts