Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think.....

Got the RC 2" lift done, wheel and tire package, removed rear stickers /badge, and tinted the rear 3 lights

I am very happy with the look personally! :)

Got a few more mods in mind but this is a good start in my eyes.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks great! Any rubbing?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sharp looking jeep...

·
Banned
389 Posts
Did you use NightShades by VHT for the black out on the rear lenses? Looks sharp from that pic. I did that to my 2000 Cherokee (also silver) 7 years ago, still get compliments on it from time to time. Gonna do it to my '08 Commander as soon as it warms up around here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Samwise and binner - thanks!

Commandsystems - yeah VHT nighshade and I am pretty pleased with the outcome....I really want to do the front turns but it's a [email protected] to get them off from what I read

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks great. Can you please tell me where you got your wheels at? Can you give me some specs like backspacing, offset, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Samwise and binner - thanks!

Commandsystems - yeah VHT nighshade and I am pretty pleased with the outcome....I really want to do the front turns but it's a [email protected] to get them off from what I read
I also hear it's a pain, but I still need to tint them to complete the look I'm going for. I'm just waiting for my new bulbs and black grille to come in (they are in route and will hopefully be here before the weekend). I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great. Can you please tell me where you got your wheels at? Can you give me some specs like backspacing, offset, etc.

Thanks
17x8 and 18 offset.....not sure on back space

Got them through a local tire shop called Kauffman tire....they did good working with me on price

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also hear it's a pain, but I still need to tint them to complete the look I'm going for. I'm just waiting for my new bulbs and black grille to come in (they are in route and will hopefully be here before the weekend). I'll let you know how it goes.
Where did you get your grill from? I have been watching eBay to get a black one myself.....also what are you doing with your bulbs

I have a brush guard picked out too so I figure maybe do the guard, grill, and front turns at same time

·
Registered
149 Posts
Where did you get your grill from? I have been watching eBay to get a black one myself.....also what are you doing with your bulbs

I have a brush guard picked out too so I figure maybe do the guard, grill, and front turns at same time
I got it on Ebay for just under $150, I believe. There are some on there for $125 or so, but they have blemishes, so read the fine print and watch out for those.

I always run Luminics Pure Blue bulbs in all of my vehicles. I'll be upgrading the high/low/fog light bulbs. I will also be upgrading the factory wiring harness to a more heavy duty one, so I figure it will be easier when I have the grill and bumper cover off.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have been telling all you tint loving turn signal guys the easy way to do the front. Anyone have a paypal account and wanna pay for the secret? Just kidding. www.lamin-x.com makes a kit for the commander. pick any color you want. Kit comes with pre cut cover for headlights, turn, and fog. They just dont have anything for tails which are already done beautifully.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been telling all you tint loving turn signal guys the easy way to do the front. Anyone have a paypal account and wanna pay for the secret? Just kidding. www.lamin-x.com makes a kit for the commander. pick any color you want. Kit comes with pre cut cover for headlights, turn, and fog. They just dont have anything for tails which are already done beautifully.
Yeah I did check it out but I am concerned that they wont match the nightshade...also you have to buy the full front kit and I probably wouldn't use the heads or the fogs?? I do appreciate info though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just spray the turns with the lights still on, just use lots of painter's tape and plastic to cover overspray. I didn't use quite enough, but using adhesive remover (already had it to remove the pinstripes) solved that problem. Check out my pics in my garage post. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just spray the turns with the lights still on, just use lots of painter's tape and plastic to cover overspray. I didn't use quite enough, but using adhesive remover (already had it to remove the pinstripes) solved that problem. Check out my pics in my garage post. :D

Yeah you are right....I will probably just do it that way...i am so impatient :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do you think I could fit 265 70 17 tires on these wheels with a 2" RC lift?

·
Registered
542 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts