Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The Old Man Emu kit is a lot cheaper then those kits and I bet rides a lot better too. Looks like a waste of money to me. For that much you can get a 4 inch Super lift or a solid front axle like GetLost said.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Get your hands on a complete dana 44 assembly out of a JK rubi and im sure you can mustard something up to make it work. Only issues I see is that we have a uni-body witch makes everything harder. Just out of curiousity, what do you plan on using for steering?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i'm going to see if a JK steering box will work easily enough

Get your hands on a complete dana 44 assembly out of a JK rubi and im sure you can mustard something up to make it work. Only issues I see is that we have a uni-body witch makes everything harder. Just out of curiousity, what do you plan on using for steering?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Where do you plan on mounting it?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
....but we have a uni-body. There is no frame like the Wranglers.

I guess i'll just have to sit back and see how you do it.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
the front portion of the vehicle is a frame. there is a frame through out the vehicle its just welded to the body. if you look in the engine compartment there is a boxed frame. this is no different from the old cherokee's with unibodies. the difference is ours are built much better and stronger then the cherokees.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I remember the last time this came up was a big roundabout, but here goes....... :stickpoke:

These vehicles as all Grand Cherokee's have, and I think even the original Cherokee has a UNI-Frame setup, so the best of all worlds, and one of the secrets to the success of our vehicles.

The front section is a true frame proper (boxed) but once it hits the body, it is open on top (shaped like a U) and welded to the vehicle. This U fram runs straight to the back just like a normal frame, but is open on the top and welded. A steering box is no biggie. I cant wait to see it.

Nice lift kits BTW, just a bit pricey..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts