Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted like about this a while ago..

I have the Tera 2 inch lift..

I know some of you say the ride hasnt gotten worse with a lift...

Mine has.. I feel like the fron of my jeep is a pogo stick and it does not take large bumps well at all... It almost feels like it overloaded my springs....

My question is..OME has been out for a little while now...

What are your opinions on the lifted struts and springs that ARE designed for a lift.. HOW IS THE RIDE and ability to take bumps..

Just thinking about dropping the coin if I can get some solid answers

Jim

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i ordered some OME springs for the front for obvious reasons. my front end is 200 lbs heavier. i'm going to run them with my spacer lift and see what happens. i'm hoping for a baja look.

they will he here today. i'll install them today and report on them after a break in run tomorrow.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i'm running the HD springs and shocks. front and back. they are not really taller, the springs are just much! stiffer. i've had them on for a couple months and absolutely love them! I just went on that crown king run, in arizona. they did great! no "bouncing". any who.. i'd buy them again in a heartbeat. I still want more ground clearance, so i'll eventually get the 4" superlift also. my 2 cents.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
cool,

i was afraid they might make me too tall.

i bought the heavy duty front springs. i got them for $75 each. and $20 on shipping. pretty good deal.

i got mine through OK off-road.

i just checked UPS, and they are out for delivery!

·
Registered
228 Posts
i'm posting some pictures of the difference between stock and OME parts. they'll be up soon.

·
Registered
228 Posts
and the reason you get any lift from OME, is because the springs are much stiffer. which is not a bad thing. the ride is great!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Front springs:

Front struts:

Rear springs:

Rear shocks:

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
cool. my springs are pretty much completely compressed all the time. the top 2 and bottom 2 coils are always in contact. so i only have about 3 doing any good.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Sounds like another thing for GL4x4 to distribute. One stop shopping!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I thought I read something a while back where they were saying that you need the OME stuts along with the springs? Is that true?

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i've seen others using the stock struts.

i have to go take my struts down to a shop. i broke my spring compressors.

these suckers are stiff. for $40 someone with the right tools can do it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What is the best price for a 2 - 2 1/2" lift kit that's available to Canada?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm still running the stock struts and shocks with the OME springs. Rolled up about 10,ooo miles with no issues.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just to make it clear...is the OME a suspension upgrade in the ride and handling or does it upgrade the ride as well as give 2 inches of lift like most of there other offerings?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Just to make it clear...is the OME a suspension upgrade in the ride and handling or does it upgrade the ride as well as give 2 inches of lift like most of there other offerings?
Both (2" lift and better/stiffer ride)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ahmed, how much did the coils cost in Saudi? I am in Dubai but can't find an OME supplier. Maybe I can import it from where you got it?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Ahmed, how much did the coils cost in Saudi? I am in Dubai but can't find an OME supplier. Maybe I can import it from where you got it?
Now that is funny :) ,,,, in fact I didn't find in Saudi as they only have for common SUVs like Toyota and Nissan, ans I had to buy it from UAE :) from ARB Emmarits in Abu Dhabi (0 2 5553600) http://www.arbemirates.com/

I bought the two sets for 1050 AED and they had only the medium weight ones

Product numbers:
OME990 medium weight (Front)
OME991 Heavy weight (Front)

OME992 medium weight (rear)
OME993 Heavy weight (rear)

and this is the coordinates for the shop 24°22'23.10"N 54°31'7.75"E

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks!! I was only looking in Dubai, company called ICON advertised it on their website but when I visited the shop they could not help me. Looks like I will take a drive out to Abu Dhabi:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts