1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was thinking the same.. Look like the exact same fitment

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Try it and let us know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
If you know someone with a Cherokee measure the stock fender wells and compare them to the commanders. I think the front would work but the rear might be another story.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I use to own an XJ I doubt they would fit. Bushwacker flares are notoriously rigid. So any differences in body shape the flares wouldn't flex enough to fit them on the Commander.
But pick up a set an giver a try :) Maybe a heat gun would help.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The rear XK flares are 2 piece and the XJ's are 1 piece so I think it would take some modification. There are other brands of flares for the XJ that are cheaper and more flexible that might work better. I think Rustys makes some flares that are supposed to be really flexible. I have an XJ, I could get measurements but I work the holiday and all weekend and might not get to it till next week.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
The rear XK flares are 2 piece and the XJ's are 1 piece so I think it would take some modification. There are other brands of flares for the XJ that are cheaper and more flexible that might work better. I think Rustys makes some flares that are supposed to be really flexible. I have an XJ, I could get measurements but I work the holiday and all weekend and might not get to it till next week.
The rear flares in the pic that the link in the first post goes to are 2 pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts