Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us from the forum met in Chicago for a trail ride the last few days. We were jumping curbs, driving thru rivers without snorkles and freezing in the morning. We spent time working on projects that required welding and all kinds of metal work. A couple of the guys tried smuggling some funny looking fused metal blocks onto the airplane for the trip home. Not sure if they made it or not. I think one of them was going to put it in his shoe. More details later.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
We wait with baited breath.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Lots of owners in Chicago, but what were they driving?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
When I drive semi, I usually go from Lansing, Michigan to Chicago. I was there the last 3 days. I did notice some nice Commanders on the road...and pretty high fast moving rivers and stream beds as well. Did you see any Meijer's trucks?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I must be stupid. What do you mean by fused metal blocks? Is that code for beer cans?

·
Registered
807 Posts
is this some kind of a riddle? if NOT then i dont get it. i must be missing something. Im sure its funny, it must have just went over my head.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got off a 4 hour plane ride and have to run to catch one more flight. I would tell the story, but I have been known to strech the truth a time or two. I will let the other guys tell the story when they land. The story has all the elements of a good forum story, suspension, big wheels, big tires, hydraulic lifts, Nitrous Oxide, deisels, and a vehicle so large that you have to use a ladder to get in it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not the Chicago Tea Party, then.

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I drive semi, I usually go from Lansing, Michigan to Chicago. I was there the last 3 days. I did notice some nice Commanders on the road...and pretty high fast moving rivers and stream beds as well. Did you see any Meijer's trucks?
GPintheMitten, you just became famous in SoCal. My Fire Department has an ultra-expensive driving simulator that we use for driver training.

I'm the lead (only) guy who writes the driving scenarios. The company that built it is based in Michigan, so the scenery contains such non-California things as 2-lane freeways, Farmer Jack supermarkets, and Meijer's delivery trucks. So from now on, there will always be a Meijer's truck in my sims. For the appropriate price, I'll make sure he only does GOOD maneuvers...:stickpoke:

Edit: They don't have any commanders, but several old-style cherokees. I use them a lot for my good-guy cars. Silver Mercedes' are my bad-guy cars.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That's cool, Sespe. I have a pic of a Meijer truck in my photo album. I took it when another driver and I were sent to Baton Rouge, LA to deliver relief supplies donated by Meijer after a Hurricane.

·
Registered
324 Posts
GPintheMitten, you just became famous in SoCal. My Fire Department has an ultra-expensive driving simulator that we use for driver training.

I'm the lead (only) guy who writes the driving scenarios. The company that built it is based in Michigan, so the scenery contains such non-California things as 2-lane freeways, Farmer Jack supermarkets, and Meijer's delivery trucks. So from now on, there will always be a Meijer's truck in my sims. For the appropriate price, I'll make sure he only does GOOD maneuvers...:stickpoke:

Edit: They don't have any commanders, but several old-style cherokees. I use them a lot for my good-guy cars. Silver Mercedes' are my bad-guy cars.
FAAC is a hell of a company isn't it? You should see the cool stuff in the back:thumbsup:

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, The other two guys that went on this adventure must still be sleeping or in shock.

We went from Midway Airport down thru south Chicago, over the bridge, thru the woods and to "The Make Anything Magic Shop"

This shop has about 75 highly skilled master craftsman that can make anything that you can imagine. It has a staff of Engineers and AutoCad draftsmen that can design and draw using magic.

The average fellow in this shop has over 20 years experience in his special field and never accepts anything second rate that he does. These guys would throw away a part tyhat is not perfect.

This is not a shop for deals, definetly not for steals, but it is a shop for thrills.

They have all the best tools and materials available.

We spent most of one day and part of a second looking over all the slick things that they could do with exotic materials like "Trespa" and "Cladded Metal"

The Forum guys, (some of our smartest members) even brought home an ingot of "Magic metal" This metal is made in a vacuum and fuses High grade Stainless Steel with Aluminum by using explosives. It allows you to weld stainless steel to aluminum by inseting magic metal between them. You weld aluminum to aluminum and steel to steel. The molecular bond is stronger than any weld.

Maybe they never made it thru security with the ingots of C4 made metal.

Now if they want to correct my story, it is up to them.

We did have an interesting couple of days of amazing sights, good food, the sharing of some really neat product possibilities.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
poor nissan murano, its really not any jeep commander.

oh- i just got home at 4.00 pm today. i missed one flight by 5 minutes. actually, the plane left about 5 minutes early. i spent the night in Salt Lake and then Flew into Billings MT and was picked up my my wife.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Damn, my family and I just missed you guys. We moved from Chicago to Anderson, SC a couple of months ago. Where was this "Meeting of Masters"? Sounds awesome!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Is the punch line to this thread going to show up soon?:icon_confused::dunno:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Can't believe non of you didn't take a camera!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I don't think anybody went anywhere. There lies, all lies, I tell you!:icon_confused:

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah.. where are the pic's?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts