Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting, I have a 2008 Jeep Commander Overland with the 5.7 Hemi. It is totally stock. I want to upgrade performance for towing and when not towing, mileage. Which chip will do this? Superchip? Diablo? or any other? I look forward to some advice. CAI's and Cat Backs are also on the table. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
338 Posts
When towing I just press the tow/haul button and forget the trailer is there ..... until I go over a set of train tracks.

For mileage and performance I use the Diablo i1000 which comes with tunes for mileage and performance based on pump octane.

I currently have the diablo in 87 octane performance mode, which gives better mileage and performance over stock. There is a straight 87 High Mileage mode which gives a little better mileage as well.

Maybe the chip is already helping with towing and I just don't know it, but I can pull a trailer up steep hills quicker than most non-trailer 4 wheelers.

I'm not sure if the tow/haul mode is a whole separate tune of it's own or if it simply modifies the current/base tune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts