Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made it to 75,000 miles and now the Commander chirps and squeaks at me during cold starts. Once the engine warms up though, the squeaks go away.... I'm thinking the serpentine belt... gonna go get this checked out tomorrow! :alfdance:

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have to agree with you. Mine would squeak occassionally, but more so when the compressor ran, a/c or defroster. Changed it out and the noise went away. That was around 70k.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found out its a busted water pump too!! Oh well, sounds normal after searching the forums...

Cheers,

Ronin

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just found out its a busted water pump too!! Oh well, sounds normal after searching the forums...

Cheers,

Ronin
hey hello Ronin.

This week its being around -40/-45 here in Timmins, and I have the same problem! A loud snarping voice on cold start, what goes away after 10 sec. What do you mean by a busted water pump? how did you found this out? dealer/ your self etc..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Marco,

DANG!! Timmins is COLD!!

I saw that the sound was coming from the belt area so I performed a search on this website for "belt".... which lead me to the "serpentine belt".. so I read-up on that and members on this website also mentioned that when the serpentine belt gets squeaky and goes bad... one of the auxiliary gizmos has also gone bad (the water pump)....

I have a mechanic in SoCal and he diagnosed/fixed this problem...

He installed a new water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt & belt tensioner.

Now I'm all fixed and good to go! Lov'in my Jeep.. beep beep!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts