Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say nice forum...

Now the story...

Me and my wife had a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder...Well someone seemed to have taken a liking to it because it was stolen November 30th 2008...So after working on all that and getting that handled for the most part we decided that it was time to car search...Our first choice...A 2006 GC SRT8...Awesome car...Loved it...But they just wouldn't come off the sticker price of 23K...And I refuse to pay sticker...Being the hard head my wife and I are we left...We then found a nice 2008 H3 that we both liked...Fully loaded with all the hoohaas and such...But something was just not right with it and before signing on the dotted line we left...Just couldnt do it...

Then we decided to pay cash for a 2006 GC Limited...Loved that car...I offered them $14K cash and they said they wanted $15,998 because they put the cheapest price on the internet so we walked away with our $14K and went elsewhere (The Manager of Sam Swope Suzuki called today to accept the offer if it was still on the table)...But before leaving the Ass...istant Manager decided to lecture me on buying cars...Wow...I have bought (3) MB C230 (2 hatch 1 sedan), 2 MB ML350, A 2002 Mustang GT, A 2007 Nissan Pathfinder and a few other odds and ends...And never paid over NADA for them or the sticker price...Im only 25 but that doesnt make me dumb...Needless to say I got tired of being lectured and we left...

We then went to Cross Jeep/Chrysler...Little did I know I was in for the best car buying experience ever...We drove a few GC's (limited, rocky mountain, and another one I cant remember)...My wife loved them...I have always been a fan of the old Cherokees so of course I loved the Commanders...SHe was not thrilled...Then we test drove it...She was then in love and I had a grin from ear to ear...I was hooked...

Front

Side

Rear

Rear Again

The rear DVD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Passenger Side

Driver Side

Navi/CD/SAT

Cluster

Yeah MPG is not that hot at 14mpg but oh well...Hopefully the green freaks save enough gas for me so I dont have to worry about it...lol

Also got the 75K warranty as the factory runs out in 3 months...With tags, warranty, GAP, and all we walked out for $15,440 on this car...Not to bad if you ask me...

I have yet to see an option this car does not have...But I dont know much about these cars...

As I am a mustang guy...

I am an admin on http://www.moddedmustangs.com...Iwww.moddedmustangs.com
I run www.502throttle.com

So this is a whole new avenue for me...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new toy. You will find lots of good info here. Any planned mods?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent 4 years in the USAF and went alittle of everywhere...I am a computer nerd by trade...And work for Insight Communications...All internal work for the computers from Ky to NY...

Im really digging the Commander though...Its my wifes car..>And with my first son due next month I am so excited...

This is my DD/Toy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new toy. You will find lots of good info here. Any planned mods?
Not really...My wife wants me to keep my hands out of this one...As when I start modding I go alittle overboard...I.E my mustang started out as a bolt on daily and well its far from that now...lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay after looking closer...Its a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited...It seems to ahve every option but I am not sure...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Very good choice ChrisJ. Welcome to the land of Jeep. Btw, someone here has on their signature, it is not a car, it is not a truck, it is not a SUV, it is a JEEP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very good choice ChrisJ. Welcome to the land of Jeep. Btw, someone here has on their signature, it is not a car, it is not a truck, it is not a SUV, it is a JEEP.
It made my wife smile and I am a Jeep fan from way back but never owned one...The price was right for us as well...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Welcome, nice XK. This would make a good "ChrisJ's garage" thread if interested!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Okay after looking closer...Its a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited...It seems to ahve every option but I am not sure...
I can tell from your pics that you have everything but the back-up camera. I can't see it in the pics. But if you do have the camera then you have a fully loaded Limited.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I can tell from your pics that you have everything but the back-up camera. I can't see it in the pics. But if you do have the camera then you have a fully loaded Limited.
One other thing I just noticed is you do not have tow hooks on the front. This means you don't have the Off-Road group which included the tow hooks and skid plates.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Does not appear to have the heated seats or the U-Connect from what I can see.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
It's a Limited and it has them. You are looking at the wrong set of controls. The heated seat buttons are below the HVAC controls and not visible in that pic. The heated seats were standard on the 2006 Limiteds.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I think you are right about it not having the U-connect. That mirror does not look like mine. The U-connect was an option.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice ride ChrisJ, Welcome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It has the back up sensors if that is what you are talking about...

One other thing I just noticed is you do not have tow hooks on the front. This means you don't have the Off-Road group which included the tow hooks and skid plates.
Nope...I wondered why some fo them had the tow rings and some didnt...I figured it was a package...

Nice ride ChrisJ, Welcome!
Thanks

Nice story dude!
It was a wild one to live...lol

Welcome, nice XK. This would make a good "ChrisJ's garage" thread if interested!
If you feel like it then thats cool...I have to start taking more pictures of the commander as I have 80 million of the mustang...lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts