Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can I buy oem chrome accents like on limited?

okay maybe I can't but I want to try, Does anybody know where I can buy the chrome accent on the top of commander racks? or on the bottom of front bumper, or the chrome sides? I have looked and cannot find them at all. Any help would be apreciated;) :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: where can I buy oem chrome accents like on limited?

pac the only place to my knowledge is the dealership. Way to pricey at this point. You might want to try http://www.leeparts.com/
They might have those items cheaper since they do alot of buisness on line. They may have an email price. Also avondale jeep does ebay items. You may email them to see if they have those item for an ebay price. I want to get the assist bars for the back. maximo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: where can I buy oem chrome accents like on limited?

maximo said:
pac the only place to my knowledge is the dealership. Way to pricey at this point. You might want to try http://www.leeparts.com/
They might have those items cheaper since they do alot of buisness on line. They may have an email price. Also avondale jeep does ebay items. You may email them to see if they have those item for an ebay price. I want to get the assist bars for the back. maximo
Yeah I want those and preety much all that a limited has as far as chrome goes. thanks, do let me know when you get some or find anything, i didnt see e'm at that website. i'll chek the other one

·
Registered
122 Posts
Chrome blank Center Caps ?? where can I find them.

One of the center caps from my chromed 17" OEM rims flew off a while back.

I measured 2" as the diameter of the opening. Dealer only has the OEM jeep-logo caps...

I'm not sure where my dealer got the blank ones int he first place.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Chrome blank Center Caps ?? where can I find them.

Hmm.. I don't think the spare has a center cap since the spare tire storage cable clamp thingy goes right through the center of the wheel. Ebay turned up a few results though.

$20 for 4 caps... Dealer sells the OEM w/ Jeep logo for $26 EACH.

·
Registered
40 Posts
To chrome or not to chrome

I have the sport edition and I have a debate on if I should get the black trims replaced with Chrome trimms. I am on a tight budget and this is my first SUV. I want to get the front grill and the inserts in chrome and possibly the rear lift gate handle. I don't know if I want to spend 2-300 bucks on just chrome trims.

What do you think? I want something different and I don't want to stand out so much with all the BLING BLING because I can't afford to get my Commander stolen.

Any suggestions? Or would the Chrome grill and inserts be a decent investment for now?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: To chrome or not to chrome

honestly im going for a lot of bling bling .. but if i were to start over i would try to black out the whole car... and no i dont mean leave the fake black trim... i mean make all that cheap looking trim into some nice black paint to match the car and tint the sh** out of it... including the front yellow signal lights and rear tail lights... make it look sharp.. do it up good.. anyways im getting carried away... lol good luck let me know what u do with it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where can I get Chrome side panels, luggage rack chrome plates and tailgate chrome piece? Where can I go for the best price?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Try auto parts warehouse. (autopartswarehouse.com)

·
Administrator
16,134 Posts
You can usually find that stuff on ebay at a good price. Click on Ebay Motors, then Parts & Accessories, and put Jeep Commander in the search.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can usually find that stuff on ebay at a good price. Click on Ebay Motors, then Parts & Accessories, and put Jeep Commander in the search.
Yup, ebay has pretty competitive prices, and you can see what the different vendors have to offer pricewise. Ebay has just about anything you can think of...just about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jeep Commander Chrome Accessories

Hello -

I'm buying a Jeep Commander and will probably invest in a few of the chrome accessories. The Mopar ones look great and I've seen them at justforjeeps.com. Is the average consumer able to install this things themselves? The chrome grill, the side moldings, the step handles, fuel filler door, and the piece the replaces the latch for the trunk. Do I have to buy them and then take them to the dealer? What would they charge? Does anyone have any before chrome and after chrome pictures? I saw one on here, but it didn't really do it justice.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
There are threads here on almost everyone of those upgrades, you can do any of them yourself as long as you are a little mechanical.

·
Registered
282 Posts
the fuel door and grill take around ten mins a piece tops

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
All of the things listed are DIY items that you can usually get off of ebay or a site like you had mentioned. If you buy a Mopar item it will most likely come with instructions. The mopar instructions are great because none of them have words, only pictures. Just remember that some chrome is good and too much is TOO MUCH!

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Is this an example of GOOD? :rofl:
Yeah this is ok. Now if they put a set of chrome mud flaps or chrome roof cross bars on there that would be too much

1 - 20 of 27 Posts