Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every piece of metal (or faux metal) on the dash of my '07 Commander Limited is chrome, except for the 16 hex head bolts on the dash which are a satin finish. Has anyone found these bolts in CHROME ? I really think it would dress up the dash a touch. I don't want to go the chrome spray paint route, can these be chrome plated ? any information would be appreciated.
:confused:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
chuckdesign said:
Every piece of metal (or faux metal) on the dash of my '07 Commander Limited is chrome, except for the 16 hex head bolts on the dash which are a satin finish. Has anyone found these bolts in CHROME ? I really think it would dress up the dash a touch. I don't want to go the chrome spray paint route, can these be chrome plated ? any information would be appreciated.
:confused:
Give Metro Plating in Mesa a call and ask them (call today because they are closed all next week for the Christmas holiday): (480) 969-1724

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
chuckdesign said:
Will do. I probably won't get around to it 'till after the holidays.
Yeah, I know they are closed Christmas week. I wouldn't be surprised if they won't be back in until January 2nd.

·
Registered
128 Posts
BUMP... I'm interested in this too, but don't want to go as far as getting them plated.

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
this is scary. i went to fastenal last week. those bolts dont fit because theyre machine thread. if you wanted to use those, youd have to drill a larger hole in your dash holes. i went to a local machine shop and they said itd be about 15 bucks a bolt to grind them down. went to a local chrome guy and he said about 12 buck a bolt because of prep time. he'd have to sand the finish so the chrome would stick. ive checked every bolt site on the net with no luck. someone mentioned trying motorcycle shops, because cruiser guys like the chrome look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts