Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered some and they will be here in a few days, will have pictures when the handles are up. I purchased them off ebay and they are an aftermarket company, not mopar, still good quality i hope non-the-less

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought them off ebay so, their gone now but keep checking. Search Jeep commander in ebay and click car accessories and keep looking they got lifts, and other stuff but these where the only handles, if i give u the guys e-mail maybe u can contact him and ask him if he can get ahold of any more.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Avsfan33 said:
I bought them off ebay so, their gone now but keep checking. Search Jeep commander in ebay and click car accessories and keep looking they got lifts, and other stuff but these where the only handles, if i give u the guys e-mail maybe u can contact him and ask him if he can get ahold of any more.
thanks brotha man!1!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been looking for some good, high grade handles for the JC too but haven't been able to locate any. I was wondering if the ones you found we the real solid thing or what. Because I've seen the ones that are actually just a cover that installs with 3M tape. It seems that with those, you could still see the black plastic underneath. Let me know how they turn out.:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what i have, black shows a tiny bit bheind the actual handle. the 3m tape wasnt doin 2 good for me so i had 2 use some spray adhesive but they look amazing

·
Registered
44 Posts
MoparMan420 said:
The chrome door handles are sweet! I didn't have any problems with the 3m tape though.

Would you mind posting a close up picture of the handles?

I am a little leery about them looking cheap if they are just attached with double sided tape.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Chrome door handles

With all the ice and snow here in the midwest (STL) I'm wondering how durable those chrome door handles are in the winter. Does the tape hold? Can dirt, mud, snow, crud seep in between the handles and the original handles? Am I making sense.

Tony Perez
06 Commander Limited
Clear Coat Black and luvin it:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Re: Chrome door handles

Hey, The door handles are plastic, with them being plastic you wouldnt have to worry about them tarnishing or discoloring. Before applying the handles make sure your surface is EXTREMELY CLEAN and Dry, the more alcohol applied the better your chances of them sticking are. Worse comes to worse re-double side tape them! But i think you'd be okay. i had mirror covers here in PA all winter and everything was fine with them. Id expect the door handles to be an even better fit. Just my 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hey Shinyblackhemi

Your back up camera, factory or aftermarket? I've been checking them out. All the mods I want to do come out to about $2000. Wifey didn't flinch.:D

PS I saw the chrome handles on ebay. 2 kinds. One $59 and one was $79.

Tony Perez
06 Commader Limited
Clear Coat Black

·
Registered
366 Posts

back up camera is stock. they are an option in 2007, however mine is a late 2006 which i was fortunate enough to get it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Door & Hatch Chrome Trim

Has anyone replaced the black door & hatch moldings with the chrome ones? I have ordered the chrome trim and wonder how difficult the install will be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Chrome Door Handles...

I have the Sport V6 JC and have the black trims. I wanted to install the chrome door guards and chrome accessories but wondering if anyone bought the Chrome/Stainless Steel Door Handle Covers that sticks on the door handles. Are they durable and stick well or will it just be a waste of money. Living in Illinois with changing weather and I don't want to realize the covers just falling off the door handles.

I don't want to be stuck with cheap abs plastic either. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to get them painted body color or have them chromed out professionally.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Re: Chrome Door Handles...

The 3M tape will hold stuff very well. I used some of it to replace the factory adhesive on one of my Cherokee's door trim pieces. It fit just like the factory and is definitely not coming off unintentionally.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts