Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone -
Im sure there is a post on this somewhere and as you can see Im pretty new around here.

Can someone give me install instructions on how to install the chrome lift gate without camera etc? Pics are a plus

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
65 Posts
no pics afraid buddy, but its really simple.............

- Remove the screws around the edge of the trim panel and the one by the close handle.
- The main body of the tailgate trim panel is then simply held in place by plastic panel clips - just give i a pull from the lower edge of the panel and it will come away.
- There are two panel clips that are kind of vertical near the wiper motor area inside (either side) with the tailgate in the closed position and these just pop out again if you push the casing up and away (forward towards the car if you like i did worked with the tailgate open and above you)
- with the panel above you and un clipped you need to ask a freind to hold the panel and take the connector off the back of the courtesy light............voil panel is removed!!
- you can now see the two i think M10 or M8 nuts that secure the handle in place, undo theses and remove the conectors for the number plate lights and the second conector going to the handle.
- now you need to remove the bowden cable that goes into the handle for the release...........grab a pair of needlenose pliers and pull the cable slightly to gain some slack and then simply rotate it untill you can pull it sideways out of the slot.
- lastly the tailgate handle is held in place by plastic clips, again using the needle nose pliers give them a squeeze from the inside and pull the handle off one side and repeat for the other.
- fitment is just the reverse of the above................

Hope this helps!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Looks good. Did you document the install for others that may want to do it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't do document photos, mainly because i didn't completely remove the panel and it would have been difficult to get some of the up close pics. damienedwards instructions were pretty spot on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts