Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a limited commander, would you wana trade the chrome HANDLE things on the back top of the jeep for my plastic ones plus some cash, im looking to get them but i have not seen these ANYWARE. can anyone help me? thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Chrome Roof Handles: Rear

Have you tried the parts department at the dealership. They have access to every part on your car. Just tell them you want the chrome handles on the back. I am not sure how easy it will be to install though. Good Luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

when you open the truck look on the sides of the plastic parts, they have two or three clips each resembling the ones from the grille, pop the clup out and off it comes, very very easy, and my dealer dosent have them, can someone get a price quote for me from their dealership, thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts

Have you tried http://www.moparsupercenter.com ? They should be able to get you just about anything you need for your Jeep. Since I was wondering about adding the same to my Commander, I sent them a part inquiry. I will post what I find out when they get back to me.

-John

·
Registered
114 Posts

Thanks for checking into this -- I'd like to replace the black rear pieces with handles, chrome or otherwise.. not sure why the more utilitarian models didn't get handles there of some sort -- they'd come in handy for stepping up to the bike/ski rack, etc.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
437 Posts

I bet they will offer these on base models in the future. I would like to put them on mine also but I would like them in flat black not chrome. Anyone price the parts yet at the dealer for the chrome ones?

·
Registered
160 Posts

If we get enough interest maybe one of these companies will give a group discount. maximo

·
Registered
28 Posts

Still haven't heard anything back from moparsupercenter. Has anyone else made any inquiries elsewhere?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I havent been able to get ahold of my dealer, can some one please contact theirs

·
Registered
192 Posts

Avsfan33, Something "smells" here. Why, in 2 sepatate posts, are you asking someone else to get you a price quote; AND twice you have stated you can't get ahold of your dealer? Do you have a part-time dealer? Maybe you ought to call Jeep and let them know that you can't contact your dealer!

Sumthin' ain't right!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Ok well heres the reason i can't more like dont wana contact my dealer, IM 16 years old, not sure if they will take me seriously, my jeep commander is LEASED so idk if i can buy accessories from them to put on it anyway, so idk if ill get like those handles recorded so when i return the vehicle i have to return the handles with them. cuz i bought a chrome grille from an online source and im not turning that in when my lease is up. sry for the babyness guys

·
Registered
128 Posts

they were like 275.00$ when I asked mt dealer and the top chrome about 229.00$ on the roof rack part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts