Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can replace the blk side strips that reads Commander with the chrome ones on the limited? If so, does it just peel off and on or are they riveted?

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys!

I will check with the dealer. Hope it comes in a set of two :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey, does anyone know what's under those side protectors? I was thinking of removing them when I get a chance to get 4xguard's rockers w/ sliders. Just for a cleaner look. Hoping there aren't any notches or anything like that to stand out after they're removed.

!c

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
commanderdrone said:
Hey, does anyone know what's under those side protectors? I was thinking of removing them when I get a chance to get 4xguard's rockers w/ sliders. Just for a cleaner look. Hoping there aren't any notches or anything like that to stand out after they're removed.

!c
If you are referring to the rocker covers... most likely a pinch weld, not very pretty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dabitz, since you mentioned they are held by adhesive and clips, are there holes on the doors since the clips are attached to something? I was thinking and trying to picture how it would be without the side door mouldings. My dad has a 96 reg. jeep commander sport and those door side mouldings was just held with adhesive BUT since they kept falling off, my dad just took all of them off the doors and it looks pretty nice without the mouldings. Gives it a clean look, plus it would save me money to just take those door mouldings off instead of replacing them with the chrome ones.

What do you guys think about it or if you know more about the mouldings and how they are attached.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts