Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my new chrome spare tire cover. I had to order an oversized one to fit my larger tire. It came with a white disc. I also am waiting on a couple of spray cans of Jeep Green Metalic paint to match my Commander. I put the black vinyl cover over the white disc until I get the paint to match the Jeep. The last picture shows the vinyl cover only.

·
Administrator
15,196 Posts
You wanted the tire carrier made so that it wouldn't block the rear view camera but now your gas can blocks it.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am thinking about painting the center disc to match and reducing this graphic file and putting it on the cover.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The gas can does not block it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That graphic would be cool. While your painting, do you think you'll paint the gas can or leave it OD?

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will leave the gas can OD green. If I paint it to match I might get into trouble with it not being Red. I think that the police would let OD green slide, but I almost got a ticket in Illinois because they require all gas cans to be red.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks good, make sure you update your garage too.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Illinois fire code requires gas cans be red.
The real discussion is...Since when do Illinois police get involved with fire code enforcement?

There is no reference to fuel containers in the Illinois Motor Vehicle Code Book relating to privately operated motor vehicles.
One more shining example of this(my) states law enforcment people, creating situations that cause the population to lose respect for law enforcement personnel.

Then, they complain of not getting much repect.

Pompous Jerks!
Just in case one thinks I'm whining sour grapes, in 43 years of driving I have remained free of tickets or stops.
These are observations of mine and stories others have told.

Just venting, three of my best buds are cops.
They get more annoyed than I do with this type of story.

Rob

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I think that painting would look good on the cover.

·
Registered
233 Posts
looking great...

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jon, I took your advice and added the two small red LED lights to the bottom of the tire carrier.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure about the background color, but I just inserted this with photoshop.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Jon, I took your advice and added the two small red LED lights to the bottom of the tire carrier.
Thanks, One of the greatest forms of flattery :)

Where did you get your tire carrier? I need a cover for the one I want to put up top to keep the sun off of it.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
They have lots of choices. I wanted something original. The Joe Kline painting was touched up for me by Joe to include the nose art from my unit in Viet Nam. He did get the 7 and the 1 reversed, but that is ok.

http://www.joekline.com/

·
Administrator
15,196 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts