Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you find your Chrome ones and for how much? I just purchased a set of black ones on Ebay and may sell them if I can get the Chrome ones.

·
Registered
366 Posts
the chrome tow hooks are only available as a part items, not accessories. Therefore, i got the VIN off a 65th edition and went to my dealership. I have the part #'s here somewhere, i just have to find them. my cost was 75.00 I am an employee however. Let me take some pics of the tow hooks tonight, i'll post em later, hopefully it works. I am in Greensburg, Pennsylvania

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chrome would look better on my Limited, Thanks for the update. If I can get them locally I may be selling the black ones I just purchased.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: For Sale: Black Tow Hooks

Still have not installed my Chrome ones, they are in the garage. Installed my rack, window visors, remote start and now I have to install the hooks, sunroof visor and skid plates. Just ordered 4 light mounts for my Yakima rack as well, Now I need a good recommendationon four lights.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Still have not installed my Chrome ones, they are in the garage. Installed my rack, window visors, remote start and now I have to install the hooks, sunroof visor and skid plates. Just ordered 4 light mounts for my Yakima rack as well, Now I need a good recommendationon four lights.
Do you have a part number and cost for the chrome ones?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
55396914AA (hook), 55396915AA (Hook), 52090140AA (stud X2), 52090141AA (stud x2), 6101696 (nut x6)

I got mine for about $105.00 from the dealer after price shoping and getting them to price match.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the dealer that I purchased my Commander from as well as my hooks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the existing front black tow hooks that came with my Commander and I was wondering if you can just remove the tow hooks only and install the chrome ones without taking off the bumper since the studs are already installed (there)? I know there is another thread on tow hooks and I don't believe this question was posted. Someone who has installed the chrome front tow hooks let me know if this is possible!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you look at the hooks, do you have access to the three nuts? If so you should be able to do a swap without removing anything.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, I can access all 3 nuts. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your welcome. And someone was looking for black hooks in the sale fourm if you want to sell yours.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Yes I removed mine to install a bracket for my rod/cooler rack. Just make sure you don't push them too far up that they come out of the hole.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts