Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Limited Commander has black tow hooks and i would like the chrome. Now if i can recall the 65th edition Commander's come with chrome? Does anyone know where i can find chrome tow hooks? are they available thru mopar?

·
Registered
240 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
My Limited Commander has black tow hooks and i would like the chrome. Now if i can recall the 65th edition Commander's come with chrome? Does anyone know where i can find chrome tow hooks? are they available thru mopar?
They are available and if you use the forum search feautre you should be able to find a thread that actually lists the chrome tow hook part numbers. i had them but threw them away when I decided to go with the black ones instead. The chrome ones are $65 each for the hooks only without the brackets.

·
Registered
437 Posts
kfbagt said:
They are available and if you use the forum search feautre you should be able to find a thread that actually lists the chrome tow hook part numbers. i had them but threw them away when I decided to go with the black ones instead. The chrome ones are $65 each for the hooks only without the brackets.
If you are going to throw anything else away let me know, I'll take them!

Or was that just a figure of speech?

·
Registered
240 Posts
walkjon said:
If you are going to throw anything else away let me know, I'll take them!

Or was that just a figure of speech?

I meant that i threw away the part numbers......It was a little confusing, Sorry!

Here are the part numbers by the way

1 Tow Hook # 55396914 AA
1 Tow Hook # 55396915 AA
2 Studs # 52090140 AA
2 Suds # 52090141 AA
6 Nuts #6101696

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
bravo2376 said:
:confused: Just checking, I ordered the front black hooks the other day. Do I now have to get the bolts too? I ordered them from a dealership but just saw the posts above and confused a bit now.:confused:
When I ordered my hooks from the dealer they came as a mopar "kit". The black hooks are the only official offerings for the commander so I am sure you are going to get the brackets and the bolts. If you wanted the chrome ones you have to order all of those parts separately because there is no mopar kit containing those items.

·
Registered
556 Posts
kfbagt said:
When I ordered my hooks from the dealer they came as a mopar "kit". The black hooks are the only official offerings for the commander so I am sure you are going to get the brackets and the bolts. If you wanted the chrome ones you have to order all of those parts separately because there is no mopar kit containing those items.
Good deal. I'll let you all know when they come in.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I just found Chrome tow hooks at Makeitmopar.com for $89.88 for the pair and parts. I will be selling my Black ones if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I paid $80 for them including shipping on Ebay, quess I should have looked for Chrome sooner. Anyway... Best offer can have them!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Another interesting thing happened to me today. I called my local dealer (where I got my Commander) and they aggreed to sell me my Chrome Tow Hooks & Skid plates for the prices I found on line and I save the shipping. Might be a good idea to check with your local dealer and see if they will do the same thing for you. either way I have black ones to unload (new never installed with hardware).

·
Registered
577 Posts
a 49er- dang it, I just bought my black ones yesterday.. could have saved a few $ getting yours.

·
Registered
65 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Another interesting thing happened to me today. I called my local dealer (where I got my Commander) and they aggreed to sell me my Chrome Tow Hooks & Skid plates for the prices I found on line and I save the shipping. Might be a good idea to check with your local dealer and see if they will do the same thing for you. either way I have black ones to unload (new never installed with hardware).
Good job! I'm happy you got them at a good price.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Let's see some pics of the chrome tow hooks so I can decide if I want them or not.lol.. Oh, and thank you for the heads up at the makeitmopar.com site. They do have excellent prices.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts