Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know more about tinting the yellow signal lights and tail lights (legal or illegal) but could be worth putting on either way... it looks sick on the cardomain.com dub commander.... also i was looking for a cheap site for the chrome door handles... also what is the best step up in headlights from stock... i need an HID look......... I just cant void my warranty
and i dont want to spend a sh**load of money.... any sites, opinions, or ideas would be appreciated... thanks!:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
IDJ5I said:
i wanted to know more about tinting the yellow signal lights and tail lights (legal or illegal) but could be worth putting on either way... it looks sick on the cardomain.com dub commander.... also i was looking for a cheap site for the chrome door handles... also what is the best step up in headlights from stock... i need an HID look......... I just cant void my warranty
and i dont want to spend a sh**load of money.... any sites, opinions, or ideas would be appreciated... thanks!:)
Well, the silverstar ultras are the next best thing to HID. They are about 50 bucks a set and you'll need 2 (high and low beam). You can do a little better if you are a smart shopper so look around. There is a thread posted here with a $10 mail in rebate for them.

The best deal I have seen for the door handles is on ebay at $59 for the set plus $15 for shipping. I have noticed though that there is a plastic chrome set and a stainless chromed set floating around so you may want to pay attention to which one you are getting.

Here is a link to a website that sells and tells about tinting your headlights and taillights.

http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php?cat=2230

I have not seen this product in person so I could not speak for how well it works. Hopefully this information will at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Good Luck! Paul :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Google HIR headlights. They produce more light than any other 55w bulb (Silverstars included) , however the color is more like stock, just slightly whiter. Love them on mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! air the stainless steel handles chromed or are just the plastic ones... a website would help if u could, but thanks a lot for ur help so far...:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here's all that I know about the handles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Jeep-Commander-Chrome-DOOR-HANDLE-COVERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQhashZitem200047832119QQihZ010QQitemZ200047832119QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-2006-Jeep-Commander-CHROME-stainless-door-handles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33642QQhashZitem250050118473QQihZ015QQitemZ250050118473QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The ad says the stainless ones are not chromed they are just highly polished. I would assume that the ABS chromed plastic ones (funny enough) would hold up better in the long run. Just like polished wheels that are not clear coated will soon look yucky I would think that these handles would be kind of dull after a season or two. Especially if you are in an area that will have salt on the road.

Let us know if you get a set, I am thinking about getting these also and would like to know what you think about them.

paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts