Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

This past Friday I said goodbye to my 2004 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 and hello to a new 2010 JC Sport with a Hemi.

I love my big black box! The only two features I really miss are Homelink and automatic headlamps, but maybe I can find a way to have them added (?!?).

Here are some pix after I installed the Jeep/Mopar hood deflector on Friday... pardon the quality, I took them with my Droid.

The hood deflector is just the first of planned mods... I added the Lock Pick to open up full access to the MyGig DVD NAV radio. I have onorder...

4XG Matrix / Hoop
Mopar front mud guards
RC 2" Lift Kit

When I am done, this will NOT be a Soccer Mom vehicle!!!

Chuck

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chapman:

I looked at your pix... did yo do the lift yet?

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
No sir, I haven't had the extra cash for a lift yet. It's coming this summer more than likely.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
congratulations .. good looking commander ..

maybe this is new to me .. !! does the new Sport Commander come with chrome door moldings ? !!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

maybe this is new to me .. !! does the new Sport Commander come with chrome door moldings ? !!
Yes, I think that started in 2008.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
x2. Like the color. :)
Thanks! Black Crystal Peral looks exactly like GM's Black Granite ... my favorite color. It is very nice in the sunlight.

Yes, I think that started in 2008.
Actually, I test drove a 2009 Sport and it had black plastic BSM's, which I like better (because they can not be as easilly damaged?).

The 2010 Sports were the first and last to get chrome on the sides... I hope mine diesn't get smacked up!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Thanks! Black Crystal Peral looks exactly like GM's Black Granite ... my favorite color. It is very nice in the sunlight.

Actually, I test drove a 2009 Sport and it had black plastic BSM's, which I like better (because they can not be as easilly damaged?).

The 2010 Sports were the first and last to get chrome on the sides... I hope mine diesn't get smacked up!
That's not correct.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My 2006 Limited came with the chrome on the sides.
That's not correct.
I guess I was not clear... up until 2010, only the Limited had standard chrome BSM's. In 2010, both Sports and Limiteds have standard chrome BSM's. There may have been a "Chrome Package" option to get around the stadard offering.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I guess I was not clear... up until 2010, only the Limited had standard chrome BSM's. In 2010, both Sports and Limiteds have standard chrome BSM's. There may have been a "Chrome Package" option to get around the stadard offering.
As I said before, that is not correct.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
As I said before, that is not correct.
2009 Sport came with black body side mouldings as standard. 2010 Sport came with chrome body side moldings as standard.

I shopped both as brand new vehicles at the Jeep dealership. I do not see where the standard (NOT optional) BSM's are not as I describe.

I looked at the 2009 and 2010 brochures. What is your source of data?

Thanks,

Chuck

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, the lift is done and the tires are changed out...

Rough Country 2" lift plus 245/75/17 Goodyear Slient Armors makes for an extra 3" of room underneath the XK, and I really LOVE it :) .

Lovin' my Big Black Box

Chuck

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love the look! How is you MPG now with the new tires and lift?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
looks awesome, I'm doing the same lift in a week and I'm glad to see it looks so nice on yours!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the look! How is you MPG now with the new tires and lift?
Thanks! I love the look too. It makes my dad's stock WK look like a station wagon.

As for mileage, it's hard to say. I only have 370 miles on the XK right now, and the initial driving was pretty mixed (turning 13.5 mpg). Tomorrow I recalibrate the speedometer and then I'll be able to provide some feedback.

I went with the P-Metric Silent Armors to save a bit of weight. Since they are the same width, only the change in rolling diameter should affect fuel economy --- well that and the fact more air is going under it (not that it was low before).

I'll definitely report back as I get more seat time. The XK is not getting driven much as it is Corvette Season now...

looks awesome, I'm doing the same lift in a week and I'm glad to see it looks so nice on yours!
Thanks! You will not be disappointed. The stock tires really did not look bad. However the two inches of extra diameter do help fill the wheel wells.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More is going on...

Last week I won a bid for rear seat DVD monitor headrests for a WK in my interior color for $500! I could not resist at that low price. In conjunction with the Lockpick, the installation went pretty well. The WK headrests are slightly different, so ultimately I will probably end up transferring the A/V gear to my XK headrests so that everything looks perfect.

From the rear hatch glass view...

Just a bit closer...

Also last week Mr. Mopar installed the OEM remote starter I had negotiated for when I closed my deal... it was ugly to watch as there is nothing "plug and play" about the installation! BUT it went well and works great! This option will be most appreciated once the XK becomes an Commander-cicle this winter in my driveway.

I received an e-mail from 4XGuard with a tracking number on my Matrix hoop.

Also, I received a set of 5" KC Apollo driving lights but am waiting for the Mopar harness kit to arrive... I decided to go with the Mopar kit to install the switchgear with their template and harnesses. I know, kind of goofy, but hey, that's just me.

Here they are. I like the idea of a plastic housing as it is one less thing to worry about polishing or rusting! I can see me going to a 6" lamp set later on, but we'll see how this works out first.

Looks like next weekend could be a busy XK weekend as I install lamps and the hoop to finish off the front of My H3-Extraction Vehicle, :) .

I'll be posting more pictures soon as I continue to transform my XK.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Very nice, I wish I would have thought about it and installed headrest monitors instead of the one in the headliner. Now if I take it out I have a big hole.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts