Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, finally did it. Took the time and did it......

Cleaned the wheels real well. (not the commander)

added 1 1/2 Spidertrax spacers

Painted the wheels

Used Rustoleum Black Laquer

And I dont care if you can see my license plate. Hundreds of people see me going down the street every day....and they are not looking at my plate!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Looks good! I like it.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
The wheels look real nice. Hope the paint holds up.
cico7 said:
And I dont care if you can see my license plate. Hundreds of people see me going down the street every day....and they are not looking at my plate!
Exactly ! And even if they do look at it what diff does it make ?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Are those the stock tires, or at least the same size?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Very nice, I like it, what about the grill? is it black too? or are you going to be painting it black as well, I can't see it in thise pics, the clear front turn signals, and smoke led in the back could be a nice idea...

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RedCommander said:
Did you tape off the wheels or did you just go all crazy and start spraying them as it sits?

Now you just need to tint the fronts and you'll have completed the look.
the paint wont adhere to the rubber for long, but i soaped the edges so the paint wont stick. I painted in the garage and let it dry so i wouldnt get crap in the paint. just inhaled some fumes!:) :eek:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ROMEO said:
Very nice, I like it, what about the grill? is it black too? or are you going to be painting it black as well, I can't see it in thise pics, the clear front turn signals, and smoke led in the back could be a nice idea...
I took the grill out a couple months ago and replaced the chrome with a black one. Bought it from shinyblack and sold the chrome one to someone......cant remember his name now...but he is selling his commander...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That little bit of offset made a nice difference. I have been thinking about spacer plates so I can put some bigger tires on... I would like to hook up a lift on mine, but time and space won't let me right now.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks, it looks very nice

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Is that a black helicopter in the background?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
That looks good. I'm actually about to do the same thing if the freakin snow ever stops. I already bought the aircraft stripper, the primer, the black polyurethane wheel paint, and the clear. Did it take very long?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cano88 said:
That looks good. I'm actually about to do the same thing if the freakin snow ever stops. I already bought the aircraft stripper, the primer, the black polyurethane wheel paint, and the clear. Did it take very long?
couple hours to wash, clean, clean again, wipe down and dry. thin layers.
I found a new secret I am posting on the " Secret Commander Amenities" thread.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice looking rig and nice looking community as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Whats the secret cico? I tried looking for that thread but came up with nothing.

1 - 20 of 411 Posts