Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Engineer Pass had just opened Thursday. The Counties open the Passes with D7 Dozers to get the Jeep rentals and the tourist going by Memorial weekend. We left Lake City about 8:30am after hitting the Bakery and made our way up to Cinnamon Pass 12,640 ft elev. Lots of water running everywhere. Then down to Animas Forks then Silverton for Lunch, Mexican food on Main st. Our return trip over Engineer Pass 12,800ft was amazing as they just got it open two days ago lots of Ice walls. Not too many pull outs to pass as they are all full of snow right now. We had to back up for a Cherokee. Backing up now is not for the faint.
The Commander did great it is one of the most plush riding 4x4s we have owned even with the lift. A better ride than any of the Cherokees, Cjs, Jks and Trucks we have owned. The guy behind said you could really see it articulate well over the big rocks.

For those who are coming to the Summit these are just up the road from Silverton. The first picture has Amercan Basin in the background,(google it!!!) One of the most photographed spots in Colorado. There is a cut off that will be open then. It is amazing late July with wildflowers. The third pic is on the road to Engineer Pass above the road that goes to Corkscrew Gulch via to Ouray and Pokepse Gulch cutoff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looking forward to driving those trails in July.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Enjoyed your great photos and your rig !

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Completely awesome. We are going to be in CO this summer and those are a great primer. The rig looks great, particularly next to the snow wall.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Where did you get that front bumper?? I like it!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cinnamon Pass 5-31-14

Cinnamon Pass just opened Friday so we were off for a lunch run to Silverton. It was 3 weeks later this year than last year for the counties to get the road cleared. The mountains definately have more snow on them. The road was in fairly good shape lots of water running down the road. Engineer Pass should be open in about two weeks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Nice pics ! Thanks for sharing !

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I'm going! That looks like a great trip.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
We went over Engineer of Wednesday, Beautiful!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I couldn't make it. Instead I took a Air Evac ride to the Hospital and had major back surgery after taking a nasty fall on one of my jobs. Was really looking forward to going will have to look to the next one. Spotted some great pics posted on FB by Jayson of Goodyear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts