Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum; however, I have been browsing different forum posts for about a week now.

I just traded in my 08 V6 XK for a 2010 Hemi XK.

I have been browsing on Carid.com looking for an exhaust tip but I am not sure if it is a good idea to get a clamp on? I was looking to do it myself (I am not very mechanically inclined).

Also, is there anywhere I can locate the exact dimension of my pipe to purchase the right exhaust tip? I think the Hemi is bigger than the 4.7/3.7

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can locate the size of your tailpipe with a tape measure. Really not much to it. Measure from side to another. find one online with at least that dimension, order it. it will ship. install it per the instructions. I can think of many other things I would rather do with a 5.7 hemi. Why not get a catback system. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after measuring it seems I need a 4" Muffler Tip. I found a Magnaflow on Carid.com. However, it says the length is 12"?

Does anyone know how far the muffler tip can slide onto the existing pipe? I do not want it hanging down too far as it will look ugly imo

Thank you for any replies :O

·
Registered
392 Posts
Look on ebay, there are a ton on there. Clamp on aren't the best but you can get away with it for a while. You can probably get one welded on by a muffler shop in your area for about $10 or so. Call around and ask if they would do it and how much.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd recommend a weld on versus clip. Just take it to a shop, have them cut your existing pipe down a bit, and then weld on the new. That's what I did (cost me $50 for that plus muffler -- was a great deal).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts