Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this will be my first post/thread and hope thus hasn't been spoke about before. I recently lifted my baby with the RRO 2.25" lift with their upper control arms and when the install was complete I noticed that there is a clanking noise coming from somewhere in the suspension. I lifted her up and touched everything and nothing seemed loose, I then rechecked the control arms, struts and strut bolts to make sure they were still tight. I am at a complete loss and the only thing I can think of is could it possibly be my cv joints and/or axle? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a rough country kit and after the lift I have the same problem. I have found that at almost full drop, or the front tires dropping all the way, the lower strut perch is hitting the aluminum spindle. That's where my clunk is coming from, I am hoping after an alignment it will be resolved. I did notice after taking my wheel spacers off the clunk was almost gone. I don't know if there was extra pressure on the spindle from the tires being out further but I think the alignment will resolve my problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not yet gotten my truck aligned but am soon If not this weekend then for sure next, I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone on this subject. The noise sounds like a clunk/piping noise I too am hoping that an alignment will rectify this symptom. I will keep you posted on any feedback as it unfolds, and thanks for feedback as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am about to order a rocky road 2.25 in the next couple days, I would sure like to know if you found out what the noise was or is. Please keep us posted

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would recommend the Rough Country over the Rocky Road. Just my .02!

Also any clunking issues after a lift install is due to either not torquing everything down propery or a bad part on the vehicle. ie..a worn sway bar end link and the lift changing the suspension geometry causing it to clunk due to added stress from the lift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts