Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't been on here in awhile, thought I would check in & post a few pictures of my freshly washed/waxed XK and one kind of cool deer hunting photo I took last fall. Sorry they aren't so high res, just Iphone photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
What have you done? get that thing off the road and into some dirt!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jealous.. my Commander hasnt had this treatment in a long time.. Think it is about due.. Eventually lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It usually is dirty, I give it special treatment of a full wash & wax twice a summer and once in the fall before it gets too cold, mainly just to hide all the scratches!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Clean Jeep, what any oxymoron! And what are you trying to do with that deer, gut shot it? :) Seriously, nice pics but get that XK dirty! She likes it dirty!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jon,

Can you load your kayak without marring the lift gate? Are they Thules with the stock bars?
Yes, I can get it up there without scratching the liftgate, very carefully. The top of the liftgate does have some scratches in the clearcoat from lifting the kayak by myself after a couple lengthy paddles(rubber arms).

Those are the sport bars, they are not stock but they are an OEM option that allows you to mount & lock lights, kayak, bike, cargo carriers in the channel that runs down the middle of the bar. They are Thule mounts as well.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That's what I need to do to my XK, get it completely waxed & buffed to get all the scratches and stuff out & bring the paint back to life. Maybe I'll do that when the weather gets a little cooler, or try to convince my better half to bring it down to her folks house next weekend where I can do the work in an actual driveway!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clean Jeep, what any oxymoron! And what are you trying to do with that deer, gut shot it? :) Seriously, nice pics but get that XK dirty! She likes it dirty!
Ha, no, holding a 30-06 to your shoulder while trying to line up an Iphone to the scope was tough enough! It was just a spike, not the 8+ I was looking for.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Waxed mine today, Meguiars nxt 2.0 synthetic. Really amazing. Did it by hand, starting washing this morning at 9am, finished at 4pm, no lunch.
This is her first wax. Even did all the door jams. It should make future washes much easier as we all know the commander is not so easy to wash. It's stock and simply looks new.

Ok, had to edit this post...looks bad, worried about scratches on a jeep but I did buy this new and have never touched it with a dry towel. It's black. I have the 98 5.9 which I still love, it's white and I don't mind going through narrow trails with it, scratches disappear on white after a wash. It does not have the electronic lockers like the Commander but it does have headers and a k & n with a limited slip dana/spicer 44 in the rear. Normally it will power out on it's own without the need of lockers, just throttle lol. It's really a fun jeep. Got it in 99 with only 30k on it. It now has 206k still going strong. It's shoes are bfg ko's a bit over 31 x 9.5.

I also rotated the tires on the Commander today, the wife has agreed when I replace the tires, wrangler duratrac 245 75 17's and a 2 inch lift.

So all is not lost lol and the Commander is getting older lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts