Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for clear turn signals like the ones on the jeep from Startech. Right not Startech doesn't sell parts overseas and I would have to find a company that would. Anyone have any clue as to how else I could get my hands on these? I have a black jeep just like theirs and the more I look at those turn signals, the more I HAVE to change to clear.... Please I need help finding them!:confused:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,939 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

They are standard on the European Commanders. I emailed a dealer in UK last month asking if he could get them and ship to US but I never got a reply. They are not available here in the States.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
66 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

I have clear turn signals on my Commander, if you want I could check with my local dealer how much they cost?

/Christian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

ninjamannen78 said:
I have clear turn signals on my Commander, if you want I could check with my local dealer how much they cost?

/Christian
We lucky one´s from Norway! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

As of right now I know of no place in the US to get them, please if you can check your dealer to see how much they cost I would appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

The front turn signals are part of a one piece turn signal / headlight housing. They are not available in the US. They must be ordered from an export location.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

I know you can get them overseas, Someone please, I have to have these its killing me. Anyone know of any European websites that I could order them off of. Norway chaps, come one, dont hold back, please help me out. I know I'm American, but please share the love! lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
66 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

Hello, as mentioned above, the indicators are part of the whole headlamp housing. So to get white indicators you have to swap the whole headlight. Price in Norway for a pair of headlights are ca 9000 norwegian krones, wich is around 1470 dollars.. A lot of money for white indicators:(

/Christian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

Yikes! $1470. Looks so much better though. I was in a similar situation with my BMW.

For my 2001 M5, I was able to sell my factory original housing, and install new ones with clear corners, for about a $200, after the buy and sell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

That price is a little too rich for my blood.... maybe just smash the orange ones out with a hammer ..Ta da! clear! :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

For that money, I'd rather have the cash & plan a 3.0 diesel swap!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

ive seen the stock headlights go on ebay for as low as 50 bucks. maybe someone should pick one up and bake it, and remove the amber from the turn signal housing. ricers do it all the time. if i had some extra cash lol i'd definitely give it a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Re: Wanted: Clear Turn Signal lenses

HEMI said:
That price is a little too rich for my blood.... maybe just smash the orange ones out with a hammer ..Ta da! clear! :p
Lol........ You're not too far off, there's a member of the 300M forum who made clear or tinted lenses for the tail lamps and front signal lights of the 300M's. He pried the lenses off and made molds, then lenses from acrylic.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
94 Posts
European/Australian Turn Signal Lights

I'm having no luck ordering a set of these front turn signal assemblies through my local dealership. I'd really like a set. Anyone have any idea how to get a set (short of flying to Glasgow)?

Thanks.

Your pal,
Meat.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,939 Posts
Re: European/Australian Turn Signal Lights

meat, this has been discussed several times. You can't get them in the US(or Canada). Only in Europe and Australia. The headlight and turn signals are all one assembly. If you want the clear signals you have to buy the whole headlight assembly. Before I found out that it was all one piece I tried emailing a dealership in UK but got no reply. Several other members have also tried but to my knowledge no one has gotten them. It is quite expensive to buy the whole assembly just to get the clear signals.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
94 Posts
Re: European/Australian Turn Signal Lights

jeep5253 said:
meat, this has been discussed several times. You can't get them in the US(or Canada). Only in Europe and Australia. The headlight and turn signals are all one assembly. If you want the clear signals you have to buy the whole headlight assembly. Before I found out that it was all one piece I tried emailing a dealership in UK but got no reply. Several other members have also tried but to my knowledge no one has gotten them. It is quite expensive to buy the whole assembly just to get the clear signals.
Yeah, I know. I've read the threads and heard the naysayers.

I've contacted a Jeep dealership in he UK, and they have confirmed that they can't send me the parts for some Chrysler reason. However, they are looking at part numbers for me and are looking at some of the local auto breakers to see if they can find me the headlight sets from a wrecked Commander. Should be around $250 for both plus shipping.

When I get more solid info I'll post it here. I think the clear lenses would look pretty trick on the Mineral Gray Limited.

Your pal,
Meat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Clear Lens!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Anybody Tell Me Where I Can Get Some Clear Lens
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Re: Clear Lens!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cleared the corners on my car (the commander is the wife's) and i have seen write-ups on how to do it two ways...bake them and remove orange lens and use the hammer methode. I chose the hammer method and it worked beautifully for me. Here are some example pictures.

Before:


After:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
Re: Clear Lens!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyBighead said:
i cleared the corners on my car (the commander is the wife's) and i have seen write-ups on how to do it two ways...bake them and remove orange lens and use the hammer methode. I chose the hammer method and it worked beautifully for me.
That looks good. Can you post a link on how to do it? Thanks!!!
 
1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Top