Jeep Commander Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
jeep5253 said:
I have a question about this subject. So the wiring and operation of the headlights and turn signals in the Euro Commanders is different. But couldn't you just use the housings and insert the bulbs we have ? Am I missing something ?
The US commander has more bulbs in the turn orange signal. you have two we have only one.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
ahmed255 said:
The US commander has more bulbs in the turn orange signal. you have two we have only one.
Euro Commanders have the side marker light behind the front tires and the solo turn signal up front, the U.S. Commanders have the running lights and turn signal in the same lens.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Morgan said:
A tooth extraction, sans novocain??

You're a better man than me! :D

not when you see the size of the needle they were going to use.
I told em pull it.

back to the topic though.

we dont have side marker lights in Europe the light behind the front wheel is the side repeater for the turn signal.

the wiring might be different but i think the wiring could be easily altered, its mainly plug and go wiring .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Clear signal lights / International (HK) version

Has anyone seen any headlight assemblies with clear signal lights instead of orange? I think this would look nice, since I've seen the Jeep Liberty with some. I wish the Commander would've came with this from the dealership too. Well let me know....Thanks. :eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Several threads on this subject, they are not available stateside and very expensive to have sent over. So far nobody has done it.

Threads merged

·
Registered
32 Posts
Clear Turn Signals

Has anyone figured out how to get clear front turn signals yet?

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
1.Fly to Europe
2.Get a VIN off an XH
3.Give the VIN to a European dealer and have him order the headlight assemblies (you can't get just the clear turn signal by itself)
4.Stay in Europe until it arrives as apparently they won't ship to US
5.Fly back to US with headlight assemblies
6.Try to make the headlight assembly work on your Commander as the wiring is different

Short answer: NO

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I can buy it and ship it to US,,, but that will be very costly ,,,, it doesn't worth it !

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
1.Fly to Europe
2.Get a VIN off an XH
3.Give the VIN to a European dealer and have him order the headlight assemblies (you can't get just the clear turn signal by itself)
4.Stay in Europe until it arrives as apparently they won't ship to US
5.Fly back to US with headlight assemblies
6.Try to make the headlight assembly work on your Commander as the wiring is different

Short answer: NO
Sounds like the same answer to "how can I get a CRD in my XK?"! Just replace "headlight" with "CRD engine"! :icon_razz:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Smoked it is! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Has anyone looked to see if the headlamp assembly of the new Liberty is the same as the XK? I know they are very similar and maybe the same and the Liberty comes with clear lenses.

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
Has anyone looked to see if the headlamp assembly of the new Liberty is the same as the XK? I know they are very similar and maybe the same and the Liberty comes with clear lenses.
Not even close.

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Yeah that is way off! I remebered the liberty because I had one behind me on the way to work this morning but I didn't get a close look at it.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
It's ironic, when I lived in England, I couldn't afford an XK.

Now I live in the USA, I can't afford clear headlights for my XK!
Come back to England....we're (XH Owners), one of a kind over here!!!:)

101 - 120 of 144 Posts