Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a day trip to do the Cleghorn Ridge Trail.
It is pretty difficult for fixed up off road vehicles but is easier during the dry season. The trail is actually 2 trails in one, there is an easy way and a difficult way which makes it fun. We took most of the difficult trails all the way through. There were parts that the QDII system was the only way I would of gotten the commander through. I think it would have been a difficult task without it. My trail partner was driving a 4runner we both had spacer lifts and slightly larger tires. Overall I am satisfied to know that the Jeep can do some tough wheeling although I noticed there was not as much articulation as I had originally assumed there would be.
Specs on my commander are below. Let me know if you guys have any questions.
Here are some pics, I will upload videos as soon as I can.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Excellent pics...I'm jealous...

No spare wheel..?

BTW: You might consider a chassis wash next time at the car-wash...LoL...

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Great pics! Gotta love not having wheels on the ground.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like a great day of off roading, thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent pics...I'm jealous...

No spare wheel..?

BTW: You might consider a chassis wash next time at the car-wash...LoL...
No spare tire, no skid plates, no front tow hooks, anyone selling of these?

Chassis washed like 5 times, you probably didn't see the Azusa pictures! LOL

Here you go..

If you look real close all the wheels were in the air!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great PICS! i've been wanting to try out Cleghorn for awhile now... How do you think QT1 would fair on some of the more difficult parts?
You know what, that was exactly what was on my mind when I was going through there! I wonder if QT1 would handle the terrain well. There's a lot of off-camber parts and parts that really need 4LO to get through... Let's go! If your in SoCal we should go offroading! Man I need another Commander to show people whats up down here!

Honestly, there were parts that I didn't want to go through thinking I wouldn't make it.. but hey now you know...
Maybe you could judge by the video I made...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZserGgWxw

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey IM down... i usually just goto Cleveland NF since its close, but theres nothing compared to that so it looks like a good challenge. Let me know when ur goin again... I was thinking maybe this weekend? Sat or Sun, i got a buddy with a wrangler that talks down on the "new Jeeps" so it would be good to show him whats up!

·
Registered
233 Posts
awesome pictures..
thank you for sharing ^^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts