1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like fun, where were you at?

·
Registered
15 Posts
let me know if you go up there again... i live in lake elsinore so the ortega's/cleveland NF is my backyard... which road were you on? were any of the gates locked? where did you start from?

if you are in the I.E. there is another cool place to check out near hemet.. its called bee canyon.. taked you from hemet to idyllwild.. i did this trail on my polaris ranger.. its easy and looks real forest like.. hit me up sometime.. is your commander a qt-I 3.7?

·
2,248 Posts
If you guys do organize a trail ride, let me know and I can usually come over from Cochella Valley. I grew up in Corona and I might be able to get the key for the gates. I have done most of the hill trails south of Corona down to Hwy 78. Bee Canyon might be interesting also. I found a series of mining trails south of Chiraco Summit off Interstate 10 recently.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Good job taking it easy. The 3.7 QTI can wheel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was on Maple Springs Road coming up from Silverado Canyon. About a half mile from the four corners area where Main Divide, Harding Truck trail and maple springs road meet. I'll post up next time we head out there... Bee Canyon sounds like a good run. Harding has been locked for a few years now, last i checked Main divide is closed goin south from santiago peak just b4 u get to Indian canyon truck trail, Bedford Rd was OPEN last i checked a lil more than a month ago and can be accessed by goin up bedford motorway, marked by a private driveway sign, u almost have to drive on the golf course for it, but that'll teach them to take away our public lands.... Skyline Dr. is randomly open and closed from time to time but maybe HueyPilotVn has the key for that or possibly Coal Canyon (closed freeway offramp off the 91,)?. I'm closest to coal canyon and skyline, but often go to Silverado cause of the great drive up the canyon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Raid! I also got QT1, once I got stuck and made my transmission over temp, but after a while I finally made it. Have you found your self in the same situation?

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks for the info Raid... let me know if you go up there again.. or if you want to do the bee canyon.. i might take bee canyon on sat or sunday on my way to lake hemet...if i do ill post pics and a report

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Intothewild, NAw i havnt pushed it that far yet... I did happen to get challenged by a guy in Toyota FJ to follow him up a muddy rutted hill. He threw it in Low gear and made without a problem, I on the other hand crawled my way up as the traction control kept kicking in and killing the power... But i managed to make it even tho my g/f was saying "were NOT GONNA MAKE it" the whole time... It also seems all my playing is catching up to me as Im getting a nice grinding sound from my rear brakes... time for new pads and rotors? lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Probably time to at least take them apart and remove the rocks and debris from between the pad and rotor. Rear brakes should last a long time, even on a vehicle as heavy as ours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts