Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
>> 2006, BASE, 4.7L V8, QT-II, 30,000 miles and counting <<
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... The lights in my center console/climate contol/information center have died and I was searching on here for a guide on how to replace them with LEDs. I know there's a guide for how to do it, but I couldn't find it for the life of me...
If anyone has the link to that guide, I'd be super grateful!

THANKS!

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
956 Posts
Possibly this one can help
I just search for "LED"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly this one can help
I just search for "LED"
THANKS! I'll take a look!

Reactions: Stircrayzy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had all the lights replaced by LuX/Bob Vega, it was $35 a piece for upper and lower panels, $60 for HVAC (I bought a new one for $65 so I passed on this portion).. He can do factory lights or LED's.. Then buy the ebay vinyl button repair kits.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had all the lights replaced by LuX/Bob Vega, it was $35 a piece for upper and lower panels, $60 for HVAC (I bought a new one for $65 so I passed on this portion).. He can do factory lights or LED's.. Then buy the ebay vinyl button repair kits.
I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so I don't mind doing it myself. just need some reference or guide to start me off.

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so I don't mind doing it myself. just need some reference or guide to start me off.
There are "how to" videos about doing it on youtube. A 2005 - 2010 Grand Cherokee will be the same.

Reactions: JeepersXKreepers

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I did that all afternoon.
LEDs already sitting in my Amazon cart. Now I just need to decide if, since I'll already be tearing open the dashboard area, to buy a new head unit and replace the stock single-CD changer with something like a Sony XAV-XA8000 or a Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX.

Reactions: jeep5253

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another question: Anyone know if the "Big 7" WJ set on JeepCables.com is compatible with the '06 4.7L? I'd assume so since the 4.7L was reworked in '07, but wanted to make sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts