Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
>> 2006, BASE, 4.7L V8, QT-II, 30,000 miles and counting <<
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... The lights in my center console/climate contol/information center have died and I was searching on here for a guide on how to replace them with LEDs. I know there's a guide for how to do it, but I couldn't find it for the life of me...
If anyone has the link to that guide, I'd be super grateful!

THANKS!

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
862 Posts
Possibly this one can help
I just search for "LED"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly this one can help
I just search for "LED"
THANKS! I'll take a look!

Reactions: Stircrayzy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had all the lights replaced by LuX/Bob Vega, it was $35 a piece for upper and lower panels, $60 for HVAC (I bought a new one for $65 so I passed on this portion).. He can do factory lights or LED's.. Then buy the ebay vinyl button repair kits.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had all the lights replaced by LuX/Bob Vega, it was $35 a piece for upper and lower panels, $60 for HVAC (I bought a new one for $65 so I passed on this portion).. He can do factory lights or LED's.. Then buy the ebay vinyl button repair kits.
I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so I don't mind doing it myself. just need some reference or guide to start me off.

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,857 Posts
I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so I don't mind doing it myself. just need some reference or guide to start me off.
There are "how to" videos about doing it on youtube. A 2005 - 2010 Grand Cherokee will be the same.

Reactions: JeepersXKreepers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I did that all afternoon.
LEDs already sitting in my Amazon cart. Now I just need to decide if, since I'll already be tearing open the dashboard area, to buy a new head unit and replace the stock single-CD changer with something like a Sony XAV-XA8000 or a Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX.

Reactions: jeep5253
1 - 7 of 7 Posts