Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have an 09' Commander Limited with the 5.7. One of the bulbs for the climate controls went out and I wanted to change it. I heard that you can only change the bulb by soldering, is that true? Also, how do you get this panel out?
Thanks, Owen.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Hey guys. I have an 09' Commander Limited with the 5.7. One of the bulbs for the climate controls went out and I wanted to change it. I heard that you can only change the bulb by soldering, is that true? Also, how do you get this panel out? Thanks, Owen.
@Owl2059; Welcome to the forum;

Everything you need to know on this particular subject is right here;

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Owl2059; Welcome to the forum;

Everything you need to know on this particular subject is right here;

Hope this helps.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check this out.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Thanks a bunch, I'll check this out.
No problem at all;

Also, please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile signature as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late response. My sister has been driving this car recently and I've had to work around her schedule. I figured out how to get the panel out and it looks like the back cover for it is held on by just a couple clips. I should be able to work it out from here, but I'll send another message if I have an issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My suggestion is you chang out all the bulbs now while you have it taken apart. They will all go. Putting a new controller in is the other option. A bit more money, fraction of the time. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Sorry for the late response. My sister has been driving this car recently and I've had to work around her schedule. I figured out how to get the panel out and it looks like the back cover for it is held on by just a couple clips. I should be able to work it out from here, but I'll send another message if I have an issue.
The thread I posted for your reference, has plenty of pictures and a very detailed write up of the entire procedure from start to finish.

If you took the time to look at it & read it - you would have all the answers and there would be nothing to figure out, per say;

Everything is explained to you in great detail.

In any event, let us know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts