Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Jeep used and the front seats had stains. I thought I could shampoo them out as I have had good luck with all other cloth seats I have cleaned in other vehicles. These wont clean up with my method.

I look at commanders for sale on cl and other sites and it seems all the ones with cloth seats have similar staining. Like the material used to make the seats is prone to staining.

Any info or tricks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an idea. I am going to try Bar Keepers Friend. I use that in the shop and kitchen and it is amazing. Even lifts rust stains. I will do a test on part out of sight to make sure it doesn't bleach or damage the material. I will show pics of before and after then.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
I got my Jeep used and the front seats had stains. I thought I could shampoo them out as I have had good luck with all other cloth seats I have cleaned in other vehicles. These wont clean up with my method.

I look at commanders for sale on cl and other sites and it seems all the ones with cloth seats have similar staining. Like the material used to make the seats is prone to staining.

Any info or tricks would be appreciated.
Get a good interior cleaner like scotch guard or any number of automotive interior cleaners made for carpet & cloth interior cleaning, a bucket with some warm water and a good scrub brush and scrub away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts