Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I discovered a problem with my Xk and am not sure exactly what it is. Whenever I am pullin in to my driveway (has like a half curb half entry thing, so it's a small bump) I hear a clunk from my front right tire area. Sounds like linkage and U-joints, but not sure what it could be. Anyone have any ideas? And yes, it does it when I am backing out to, but only if the I have the wheel cranked over.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Having experienced this several times it is most likely the sway bar bushings, Mine on my '06 have been changed out 3 times, when the temperature changes they change shape (almost an o shape) and cause the clunk. I asked the service manager why mine have been changed so many times and i only do highway driving, he said the commander shares the bushings with the Caravan and the caravans should come equipped with a box of extra bushings. Now with the cold weather comming again in CT my front end has started the noise again driving on uneven surfaces (bumps, dirt roads etc) and the Jeep dealer says its probably the bushings again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts