1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I did not have sex with that woman.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Now, now, this is not a "bashing" thread.

Oh wait, yes it is!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Communest Network News - these morons need to get their collective heads out of their collective butts and see why no one is reading their newpapers or watching their "news" shows.:mofo: It is not ad revenew as they would have us believe. We are tired of their opinions - we just want the facts so we can arrive at our own opinion.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Give me a break. What was the percentage of production of the Commander compared to the entire Dodge/Chrysler lineup? 3%? 5%? If CNN Money thinks building the Commander took down the Dodge boys, they're idiots.

And teetering in turns? I can think of at least a half dozen SUV's that are much more unstable in hard turns than the Commander. If you want to experience a feeling of ‘’I’m about to die!!’’ try hard turns at speed in any minivan. The moron that wrote the article probably drove the XK in a slalom test with cones set up for a low slung compact sedan. Or, drove the XK right after he/she tested a low slung sedan.

Set a journalist down in front of a computer to write up a magazine article, and WAH-LAH!! They’re an instant vehicular review expert. :grim:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with Adondo - Also when it comes to my construction work when I'm not in the office weekdays, I need the extra "four cubic feet" of room for my miter and table saws. If I dont carry them, my passengers love the extra room. I also love spinning off road or in snow filled streets watching the CNN reporters struggling with their fuel efficient sedans. Makes me feel warm inside.
Cars that wrecked Chrysler??? How about the follow up article - "Reporters who wrecked CNN." - Reporters recently have run out of things to report, so their rampant efforts have now been averted to demeaning larger than life vehicles...
Sorry Mr/Mrs. reporter for not making it to work on time today... Maybe you should have invested in those snow tires after all..

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
AAAAAWWWWW dh beat me to the punch. Like I am gonna believe anything the Communist Non-news Network has to say. To quote Sean Hannity " 2008 is the year in which journalism died." They would rather spend the whole day following the dog Obama's kids got and reporting everytime it urinated or s#!t on the White House lawn. God forbid they would report the truth about him and his buddys.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The person who wrote the article is being ignorant.

·
Registered
186 Posts
CNNMoney.com Article

The following is an excerpt from a CNN Money article called "Cars that wrecked Chrysler". Guess the guy doesn't like Commanders.................

2006 - Jeep Commander
Once again stretching to make more with less, Chrysler designers and engineers managed to pile a big SUV into the skeleton of a much smaller Jeep Grand Cherokee.
While the distance between the front and rear wheels remained the same as on the Grand Cherokee, the Commander had an extra row of seats, four cubic feet more passenger volume and a cubic foot more cargo space.

This exercise in maximizing gave the Commander awkward proportions. The tall SUV also teetered through turns and wallowed over bumps, feeling like small boy struggling to carry a big package.
To add to its problems, the Commander also arrived on the market just as consumers were turning away from giant SUVs.

Add poor timing to its list of problems.

The whole article can be found here:
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/107013/Cars-That-Wrecked-Chrysler

1 - 15 of 15 Posts