Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running around town today, I was having one of those full foot days. Stopped to get gas, and noticed that my check engine light was on. Did the code reader thing, and pulled a 0520. This is a engine oil pressure switch? Only thing I have changed is a new locking gas cap. I'm gonna try and reset the computer after dinner, well see how that works.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You haven't changed you oil lately? Probably just need a new oil pressure switch. I think it's behind the alternator.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the oil about 300 miles ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check the center pin of the harness with the key on and the engine off (KOEO) this is the sense pin and it should read under 0.50V (0psi) There should be about 5.00V on the bottom pin and ground on the top pin (nipple facing left, looking at lug side of plug) My 0520 code showed 2.67v on center pin (67psi) with KOEO! These sensors will not show continuity to ground from top pin and brass.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,442 Posts
I had to replace my oil pressure sensor at about 100K, it is by the oil filter just to the back. Fairly easy job - buy a socket for it when you buy the part as it is over one inch. Picture of the sensor on a hemi
Automotive fuel system Gas Electrical wiring Cable Motor vehicle

Reactions: Big Blue

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
IIRC the red wedge slides out the side of the plug to release the top tension on the black molded loop that sits down and around the lug in the sensor. The 3.6 does not have this lock as the plug is really hidden under the intake manifold and that lock would make taking it out in the cramped quarters impossible. You can barely see the plug as is. a GM "Goodwrench" 1 1/4 deep well works perfectly as it has the cavity in the socket perfectly round and it matches the round socket. If it doesnt go on, turn it 1 hex and try again, I think there is 2 of 6 ways it will fit that it will interfere with the socket. It took me 5 minutes to take out the old one and put in the new one on my 3.6 Caravan as I had already done it 2x due to a bad sensor and a new sensor that was bad! I ended up putting a used OEM sensor on it from a wrecked Commander and it has yet to throw a code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts