Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some of the pics I've taken the week leading up to WC Camp Commander 2009. We got to our ranch on Sunday July 12th and pretty much did nothing! Just the way a vacation should be. For the first time in 7 years I do not have a honey do list.

Tuesday July 14th headed out of Aguilar,CO on the Cordova Pass then to lunch at Stonewall on The Highway of Legends (RT.12). We back tracked a little past Monument and North Lakes to San Isabel NF for a ride around Blue and Bear Lakes. Before we left for the day I read an article from 1996 talking about Trinchera Peak Summit (Elevation 13,547) and how a 4x4 with good tread could make it to the end of the 4x4 road which is 500ft short of the summit. This road is accessed right at the Blue Lake camp grounds. 4 low was a much appreciated option.

I have a ton of videos and more pics that I will upload as soon as I get a good wireless signal in town, but for now I'm patch cabled through my Treo phone and upload speeds are slow.

The Wife and I found where all of the water was coming from. The Trinchera Peak still had a lot of snow around the Summit.

The Trinchera Peak Summit 4x4 road ends here

Nice little muley we saw on the way out of Cuchara. There was over 20 in the field behind him. Pretty common this time of year, good luck finding him come September!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Awesome pic's! Cannot wait to see the vid's.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks very nice, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool cabin... is it a rental?
Thanks and Nope. My in-laws bought the property in 1998 and I dozed the driveway up the mountain in 2002. In July of 2004 we poured the footers, put up the walls and roof. The walls are concrete filled and rebar reinforced block covered with cedar board for the look.

The final electric, septic and cedar siding was done by locals. All of the other work was done by us. I haven't had a non-working vacation since 2001, but it has been worth it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very nice pics TYMAC, can't wait to go there. TNX for posting!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for more ideas of where to go!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks amazing out there..what lift do you have?
I'm running a front Rough Country 2" with Rusty's spacers and a rear Rock Krawler poly spacer. I had both kits and did the RK first, the installed the front RC. I just kept it that way and sold the rest.

Very nice! Thanks for more ideas of where to go!
Since I'm so close to New Mexico right now we might be heading there tomorrow. Later today we're heading through the Great Sand Dunes then over Mosca Pass. I don't think you could not find at least 3 good trails in each county in Colorado.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Drako, shouldn't you be leaving soon?

We left Mi friday morning, we are spending the night in Mn. We will go to South Dakota tom. (sat) to check the Badlands and Mt Rushmoore. See you there in Co (God willing).

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More Pics

1st Day Line up- a49erFan, Tymac, PED4599, Consolidation, Rocky Mountain Canary and HueyPilotVN

Destination Clear Lake

a49erFan and crew nearing Clear Lake

Huey taking the road less traveled. Nice shot of where we went to get to the lake.

RMC making the creek crossing

Clear Lake

More photos at http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/JPaterchak/Colorado 2009/

I have alot more videos, but download times here are terrible. So here's a shorty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPtgqyLxL7I

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
*sigh* .....

·
Registered
887 Posts
WOW awesome pic's!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts