Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soooooo sick of seeing the re-posts of the AEV/Superlift ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Very nice! Are those the stock chromes? What are the tires/size? Lift??? Details!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good memory rubicontrail, you from Jeepsunlimited?

The rims are the stock chromes. The Chrome is actually just a piece of plastic that is glued in place, so that it can be swaped out if it gets scratched, which mine did, hehe. I love it. No lift at all. I still want to get a 1" spring lift in the front, but not too sure if I want to lift the rear.
the tires are MT/Rs size 265/70/17. The fit is mint. No rubbing, even under what little flex we get.
I love this truck. I am so hard on them and it is a Jeep all the way. May not be the best Jeep for offroad, but it spans the full range of onroad to offroad prowess enough that it is a joy. I can't help but to go offroad. I already have lots of scratches in the paint and the before mentioned scratch on the rim. I thought I would mind, but i actually like the "rugged" look.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
No, (not from Jeepsunlimited) we had the convo about your tires when I was trying to figure out what tire sizes would work without a lift.

What is your ground clearance now with your new tires?

I just got moved into the new house. Once I get the old house sold I will be finally getting a Commander... the wait is torture.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully it will go quickly for you. the ground clearance is greater, just because the tires are bigger than the stock ones. Standing side by side, MT/Rs appeared MUCH bigger. I dunno if it is the added diameter, or the nobs on the tires, but it helps a bit. I doubt that I get more than an inch or so, but hey that still helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any time you change tire size your ground clearance is going to change. Even different tires that are supposedly the same size will change the height. Those MT/Rs are pretty agressive so you probably added 1/2" or so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice ride Jangy! I'm looking into the 2" lift for the commander, I had a rubicon which had the MT/Rs and loved those tires! I got 65,000 miles out of them on the original set. Goodyear thought it was becuase they were a load range E and the Rubicon weighed a whole lot less than what those tires could hold, and I do all highway driving of about 100 miles a day. I would love to put a K&N and a banks or borla exhaust (had a banks on the rubicon with a k&N FIPK intake) onto the commander, although the stock sound with the 4.7 is pretty nice, but a deeper exhaust note would be better.

I was wondering if the MT/R would interefere with the ESP and ABS operation, but now that I have seen a commander with them I guess I know the answer to that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts