Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commander 07 Reverse Sensing System, are they supposed to go "beep" when your backing-up or maneuvering in and around parked cars and tight spaces and closed to objects? some how not making that "beep beep" in my commander, any advise, thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You have to be fairly close for it to beep. Try backing towards your garage or something with a persons help to see it they activite when you get closer.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
You have to be fairly close for it to beep. Try backing towards your garage or something with a persons help to see it they activite when you get closer.
Mine will starts beeping at about 4' or so. It is perfect for for opening my tail gate and having about 6" to spare. Try turning on your radio and see if it mutes the sound when you get close.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wish mine beeped at 4', I am lucky if mine goes off at 12" way to close for my taste.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I got my XK the sensor was off. The button is just above the shifter, then get someone to walk behind you.

·
Registered
476 Posts
J's Jeep said:
When I got my XK the sensor was off. The button is just above the shifter, then get someone to walk behind you.
You should also hear a tone when you put the vehicle in reverse if the rear sensor is off and it will state that on the display. Mine works great - about 4 - 5 feet.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My boss also drives a Commander and his beeps at 4' to 5' and mine beeps about 12'' from an object. What's the deal here? Is there something wrong with mine?

·
Registered
26 Posts
XKTX said:
My boss also drives a Commander and his beeps at 4' to 5' and mine beeps about 12'' from an object. What's the deal here? Is there something wrong with mine?
Yes, there is something wrong, your sensors are out of calibration. You need to either find out how to calibrate them or take it in to the pro's. They should detect objects at approx 4 to 5 feet. Good luck.. jeeps rule

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The lights on mine detect an object about four feet away but it doesnt start beeping until approximately 11-12 inches away. According to My owners manual its doing exactly what its supposed to do!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Mine starts beeping when I back out of my driveway since its on an incline. It senses the street about 4-5' behind me. I just turn it off since that's annoying first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
324 Posts
07JeepXK said:
The lights on mine detect an object about four feet away but it doesnt start beeping until approximately 11-12 inches away. According to My owners manual its doing exactly what its supposed to do!
Well mine is doing this also, I wonder if I can get it to start beeping at 4'

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07JeepXK said:
I got the same things with my Commander 07, will bring it in on Monday for service but I hated that has the truck only for a month, already have a problem, what next ?...??.//.>>/?..

·
Registered
588 Posts
Mine is like the others, lights detect about 4' beeps about 12". Personally, I wouldnt want it any other way as the beeping is distracting if it doesnt mean an object is too close. I try and observe the lights as they light up to determine how close I am coming to be. john

·
Registered
476 Posts
07JeepXK said:
You should hear the audible tone as soon as the sensor detects something. At least that is the way mine works. The tone becomes pretty much steady when the red leds are lit - indicating you are about to hit an object. :eek:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
HemiCommander said:
You should hear the audible tone as soon as the sensor detects something. At least that is the way mine works. The tone becomes pretty much steady when the red leds are lit - indicating you are about to hit an object. :eek:
Tone for mine only comes on when the red lights light up. When there is yellow there is no beeping.

·
Registered
269 Posts
jeep5253 said:
Same for me.
Today I spoke with one the dealership mechanics and basically told me that it should NOT beep when the LED's are in yellow. It should beep when the LED's are in red that means you are about 12'' away from an object. My sensors are working the way they should.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
humm, I don't know about that one. Every car I have ever been in that had these sensors start beeping when the lights first come on. Then as you get closer to an object, they beep faster til it be comes a solid tone.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
My yellow lights come on just by putting the vehicle in reverse, one yellow, no beeps. It does not beep until 3 yellows are on I think. I am definitely not 4' away when it beeps the first time. It beeps at about a foot like the owners manual says.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts