Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was rear ended on Friday by a drunk driver. She is OK with minor whiplash. The Commmander suffered very little damage and will require a new bumper and maybe just a bit more. The Honda is totally messed up. The air bags deployed on the Honda which means the driver had to be going at least 25 MPH. I think the other driver gets out of jail tonight..two days in the tank if you are arrested DUI in CA.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
If you can hold off on the new bumper for a little while, you should pick up a GetLost steel bumper! Your wife may not have even felt it with one of those.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
glad to hear the wife is ok. i agree with polarBZ upgrade to a getlost bumper.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can hold off on the new bumper for a little while, you should pick up a GetLost steel bumper! Your wife may not have even felt it with one of those.
I may do that..we are not in a hurry to settle. Good idea.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Drunk Drivers are becoming a real problem everywhere, we have new tougher laws with mandatory jail & fine plus suspension of license now.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I got rearended by a Dodge Ram 2500. My bumper had a couple of scratches while his bumper was pushed down and his grill was gone. He also lost his air conditioning as one of the AC lines was severed.

He got out and said "Damn, that's one tough truck you have."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but glad your wife is ok. It's that time of year where people are leaving parties and celebrations and don't have the brains to take a cab or other ride home. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sometimes I feel like having someone rear-end my XK a bit... at least just whack my rear bumper cover ONLY. My wife didn't park the XK in the garage far enough... so yes, the door scuffed near the center of the rear bumper and plastic trim. I'm so annoyed about it ever since. BUT, gladly you're okay.. and you have his insurance handling the claim. Make sure you get a comprable rental car/suv... hate how they tend to shaft us at times, for some cheap car.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Need to design a bumper that will (edit) slap the person who rear ended you after the collision. I have been in a few where I have been hit while at a complete stop. I have since then leave my hitch on my vehicles to ensure the persons vehicle is punished.

Happy to hear the boss is ok and I hope your rig is fixed like new or armored up by GetLost4x4.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got rearended by a Dodge Ram 2500. My bumper had a couple of scratches while his bumper was pushed down and his grill was gone. He also lost his air conditioning as one of the AC lines was severed.

He got out and said "Damn, that's one tough truck you have."
Cool. Yet another reason (confirmation) to buy that next XK, and keep it forever.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: It's been 6 days and my wife is still sore and stiff although today it improved a bit. I guess the whiplash was a bit more than we thought. I guess that is to be expected with a 3 to 4 thousand pound vehicle hitting you at 25+ MPH while you are dead stopped. It could have been worse so we are blessed.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have a thread on here somewhere from a over a year ago, where i got hit by a drunk in the middle of the day. He smashed into me and took off (as an off duty officer, i caught detained him til the local PD that were on duty showed up to investigate). that guy tested over .309 BAC., which is very very high. here the limit is .08.
if you are drunk, stay home!!!!!!

Just glad you had no life threatning injurys.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Drunk Drivers are becoming a real problem everywhere, we have new tougher laws with mandatory jail & fine plus suspension of license now.

I thought drunk drivers were much less of a problem than they were years ago, no? Remember how bad things were before they started getting tough on drunk drivers? Things got worse since then, or are you saying that things got better and now are starting to get worse again?

If things are getting worse again, I wonder if it has anything to do with the economy? People hitting the bars because they are depressed about the economy and then driving home drunk? Hmmm....

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I do not know if the propblem is getting better or worse, but we have had a string of deaths caused by DUI drivers in recent weks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
in AZ isn't the first offense a mandatory 30 day jail sentence, and automatic ignition interlock??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts