Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I am living in Tanzania and I just bought a 2006 Commander 4,7 with 20 000 kms.
I am doing a lot of travelling in the bush, and I was looking for some accessories for my new car.
Thanks to this forum, I understood that the "Get Lost" bull bar was the best you could find for a Commander, since the ones made by Jeep simply look ridiculous for the type of roads we have here... :cowfrown:
I do also a lot of travelling at night, (tracks) and I wanted to know if it was possible to mount a 5000k Hid xenon kit on a Commander to replace the original lights... if the answer is yes, is the reference model of the bulb "9006"
Thanks a lot for your answer.
And congratulations to all for the quality of this forum... :bowdown:

Rigby

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Hello Rigby and welcome to the forum!

Post pics of your Commander! Someone else will have to take the HID question though.....

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Here's a link to a lifetime warranty HID Kit I put in my Magnum. It's the same kit.

FYI - Our headlights are reverse polarity, and you will need an anti-flicker kit. Without it the computer thinks the bulb is burned out and flickers the lights.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi Rigby! Welcome to the forum. What part of Tanzania are you from?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's a link to a lifetime warranty HID Kit I put in my Magnum. It's the same kit.

FYI - Our headlights are reverse polarity, and you will need an anti-flicker kit. Without it the computer thinks the bulb is burned out and flickers the lights.
Thats only ture in the magnum, charger and the 300. I had to get an anti flicker kit for my charger but with my commander I have not had any problems. They have been in for 3 months now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts