Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys today i remove all the interior of my jeep's katalysator, was very long and hard job but now i feel the engine more free, now im planning to remove also the silencer and to do the side pipe....
btw i can get any problem with my engine without katalysator? i ask cause i sae 2 little iron pipes going out from it linked i guess with the engine...what they are?
thanks a lot...

Look what there was inside

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Those are the oxygen sensors. You will might get a check engine light now that you gutted the cats.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no until now i didn't and i drive 1 h until 160 kmh and even slow in the traffic...but in case..what to do?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you havent got a check engine light by now you might not get one. If so there is nothing you could do about it. If you delete the code it would just keep coming back.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope! But i apologizw for my ignorance: how works exactly the sensor??
Btw incase if any eroir i cannot close the pipe of the sensor? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Filo

I also removed my cat on my CRD, replaced it with a straight pipe. Much better response from the engine as the turbo spools up faster.

I don't get a check engine light, but I have an error code - P2a00. It's the oxygen sensor.

Next week I'm going to flash tune the ECU, and my tuner says he will rectify this error code when he does the tune.

I also put in a smaller/lighter than stock freeflow backbox, and there is a nice deep burble from the exhaust now. But the sound is not noticeable from inside the car, actually only when standing behind the car is the different sound audible.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Filo

I also removed my cat on my CRD, replaced it with a straight pipe. Much better response from the engine as the turbo spools up faster.

I don't get a check engine light, but I have an error code - P2a00. It's the oxygen sensor.

Next week I'm going to flash tune the ECU, and my tuner says he will rectify this error code when he does the tune.

I also put in a smaller/lighter than stock freeflow backbox, and there is a nice deep burble from the exhaust now. But the sound is not noticeable from inside the car, actually only when standing behind the car is the different sound audible.
is better with a straight pipe? now i feel the engine more free already..
now im planning to put a pipe removing the silencer at all..i guess i ll make even more free the engine..
but where did u get the error code?? i mean how u can see it?
thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woow that is amazing!!!! but i dont have android :(
btw i ll keep in mind..but u can also set other stuff like the door looking and all the setting that just the dealer usually does...?
thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but was hard to make a straight pipe? cuase the cat is no exactly straight...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Filo

If you have Iphone, maybe there's an app for that also.
But no, you cannot set the door locks and stuff like the dealers can, unfortunately.

I didn't make the straight pipe myself. But any exhaust shop worth it's salt, will be able to do it easily within a few hours.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. Thanks a lot! Now i have to solve a terrible metallic noise that i cannot locate and is driving me mad..i guess is coming from the exhaust...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Filo

I guess i wanna put a straight tube to.. Cause i hate to do the half way job:)
So u confirm ne no lights on the dashboard but just an error that i can delete ( going to the dealer)?
And what did u do with the 2 oxygen pipe?
Thansk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok today i finally made the side exhaust of my jeep commander and this is how it looks like... Even the sound is amazing soon i ll post a video..

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i ll do it..even the sound is amazing..(to be a diesel for sure)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok i made a video but is not good quality cause i was in the garage and i was keep flipping the phone... But gives an idea about the noise...
Let me know what u think about...

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Sounds good !

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya! Not like a gas engine but to be a diesel im happy! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts